Author Topic: Lightning rod massive damage difference  (Read 2309 times)

fearalice

• Underling
Lightning rod massive damage difference
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »
First: Awesome planner, i use it all the time. Many thanks.

Lightning Rod for all classes is only displaying two hits of energy. The actual damage of the power includes fire damage on top of this. I've looked at comparisons everywhere i could, the fire damage is just flat out omitted. This results in a very large discrepancy between the final number in mids and the final number in game. I have not noticed any other values missing numbers yet, aside from chain induction in mids calculating the damage on a single target and in game the "average damage" calculates max targets. I don't really check the game's damage numbers anymore since using mids. I stumbled upon this helping a friend tweak his build.

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
Re: Lightning rod massive damage difference
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:45:45 AM »
First: Awesome planner, i use it all the time. Many thanks.

Lightning Rod for all classes is only displaying two hits of energy. The actual damage of the power includes fire damage on top of this. I've looked at comparisons everywhere i could, the fire damage is just flat out omitted. This results in a very large discrepancy between the final number in mids and the final number in game. I have not noticed any other values missing numbers yet, aside from chain induction in mids calculating the damage on a single target and in game the "average damage" calculates max targets. I don't really check the game's damage numbers anymore since using mids. I stumbled upon this helping a friend tweak his build.

From what I have seen in my lightning rod attacks in game, it does not include fire damage.  Now, if you have a proc in it that has Chance for Fire damage, then there could be bonus Fire damage that you may be seeing.  This is what I'm seeing for my Lightning rod Pet damage in game.:

Lightning Rod: Your Lightning Rod deals 505.2 points of energy Damage to Council Empire Adjutant.
Lightning Rod: Your Lightning Rod deals 505.2 points of energy Damage to Council Empire Adjutant.
Lightning Rod: Your Lightning Rod deals 208.02 points of energy Damage to Council Empire Adjutant.
Lightning Rod: Your Lightning Rod deals 208.02 points of energy Damage to Council Empire Adjutant.
Lightning Rod: You crush Council Empire Archon for 71.74 points of bonus smashing damage!
Lightning Rod: Your Lightning Rod deals 505.2 points of energy Damage to Council Empire Archon.

I have a proc that gives me bonus smashing damage, but not fire damage.  I think that maybe what you are seeing, if you see fire damage in lightning rod.

Fiery Transfer/@Sir Giles
Sir Giles

fearalice

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:51:27 AM »
You may be right. I don't even have a character who has Lightning Rod. I'm getting this fire damage from the actual game's advanced details of the power. It's possible that the fire damage is listed on the ability but omitted from gameplay?

Edit: Taken from the game's advanced power view as used by a level 50 scrapper.

141.81 energy damage on target
58.39 energy damage on target
80.00%% chance for 0.64 magnitude knockback on target
90.09 fire damage on target
1.00 magnitude teleport on self after 0.50s delay

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 08:16:38 AM »
I now see it does say fire damage in the details section of the power.  I think this is an error, since my lightning rod doesn't do fire damage.  I sent a bug report about it in game.  Perhaps one day they will edit the error.

@Sir Giles/Fiery Transfer
Sir Giles

fearalice

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 08:35:42 AM »
Sweet, thanks for the help clearing this up.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »
The Fire Damage is there because of Fiery Embrace (all damage powers available to Tanks, Brutes, and Scrappers have a hidden Fire Damage field with a 0% chance that gets increased to 100% when Fiery Embrace is active). In this case, the Real Numbers is incorrect.