Author Topic: Tina Macintyre: Feedback requested and some dilemmas  (Read 2600 times)

taosin

• Boss
Tina Macintyre: Feedback requested and some dilemmas
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »
I've created a Tina Macintyre/Flashback page and moved her deprecated content there (the old arc so far; I'll move the missions across as I redo them etc.)

Tina's new content is markedly different from her old content -- the dev's did a bang-up job and there are some nice touches i.e. Tina's debriefing for Part Nine that touches on the increasing use of "Praetor this and Praetor that".

I've finished the main arc for Tina Macintyre; some issues and feedback requested:
  • I've put each mission of the arc in it's own entry in the mission namespace; can someone confirm I am doing this correctly (before I go much further)
  • The arc starts off being called "The Anti-Matter Collision" but the briefing for Part Seven starts with "The Instant Army (was: The Anti-Matter Collision)" and it's known as "The Instant Army" for the remainder of the arc. I think this is by design given the flow of the story within the arc -- but we're faced with the first ever occasion of an arc name changing mid-stream. I've added a note at the beginning of the arc. Thoughts? I'm treating it as a one-off oddity for which no general policy is required.
  • The souvenir for this arc is not awarding (along with the souvenir for Maria Jenkins' arc). I've noted this as a bug.
  • I created the Warworks faction; it's pretty small but is used in several of Tina and Maria's missions. However, I noticed that in Tina's missions the mobs spell their faction "WarWorks" whereas I created "Warworks". Is there any way to do a redirect of WarWorks -> Warworks or vice versa? (Not sure if both spellings are used ingame, or if I made a mistake)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:54:13 AM by taosin »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Tina Macintyre: Feedback requested and some dilemmas
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
I've put each mission of the arc in it's own entry in the mission namespace; can someone confirm I am doing this correctly (before I go much further)

I only took a quick glance, but it all seems to look OK mechanically.  Anything else (categorization, etc.) can be easily tweaked if need be, so I'd say you're good to go there.

The arc starts off being called "The Anti-Matter Collision" but the briefing for Part Seven starts with "The Instant Army (was: The Anti-Matter Collision)" and it's known as "The Instant Army" for the remainder of the arc. I think this is by design given the flow of the story within the arc -- but we're faced with the first ever occasion of an arc name changing mid-stream. I've added a note at the beginning of the arc. Thoughts? I'm treating it as a one-off oddity for which no general policy is required.

I think you probably made a good call on that one.  It's certainly something for us to watch for in new arcs now that we've seen it happen once, though.  Perhaps we should consider categorizing missions using the first arc name identified from this point forward just to keep things as simple as possible.

I created the Warworks faction; it's pretty small but is used in several of Tina and Maria's missions. However, I noticed that in Tina's missions the mobs spell their faction "WarWorks" whereas I created "Warworks". Is there any way to do a redirect of WarWorks -> Warworks or vice versa? (Not sure if both spellings are used ingame, or if I made a mistake)

Apparently MediaWiki is one step ahead of us on this one.  If you type "WarWorks" into the search box, it automatically resolves to "Warworks".  However, it doesn't work the same way if you create a link to [[WarWorks]], so I went ahead and added a redirect to [[Warworks]].
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

taosin

• Boss
Re: Tina Macintyre: Feedback requested and some dilemmas
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 06:29:49 AM »
Rigtio, I've finished auditing all the misions for Tina and the job is complete; I put them all into that nifty namespace thing.

I've taken {{wip}} off the Tina page.

The devs wiped out the "Check out the strange signal" mission (the discovery of Praetoria) (edit: she lists another mission available at level 42; I'll do whatever it is when I get to that level); I've just realised also that afaik Shadowhunter no longer appears in any mission from Tina or Maria Jenkins -- the devs killed him.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:40:21 AM by taosin »