Author Topic: How do I manually download and install database updates?  (Read 2773 times)

Burnsidhe

• Underling
How do I manually download and install database updates?
« on: January 01, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
In no instance, using Windows 7 and running as administrator, am I able to get Mids Hero Designer to automatically install the December 30th database update.

I have been installing it to a custom location outside the Program Files directory, so administrator access is not the issue, and even when administrator access is given, it *still* fails to update automatically.

I've had enough. Where can I manually download the update and how do I manually apply it?

Burnsidhe

• Underling
Re: How do I manually download and install database updates?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
I found out what the problem was. Instead of downloading the file to the base TitanNetworks\Mids directory, it was dumping the MHD.MHZ file in the ...\Images\Sets subdirectory. Once I found the damned file and moved it to the correct location, it finally updated.

This is very frustrating, when you don't have control over where a file gets put, no knowledge of where it gets put, and it just automatically is dumped wherever the program was last pointed to.

Either be precise on where a file must be downloaded to, or allow the user to specify.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: How do I manually download and install database updates?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
You're the third person to have this happen to them, though each time it was downloading the file into some random other location. I'm going to look closer at the code for the updater to see if I can't find out why it is doing this (it should always be downloading it to the Mids' root directory).