Author Topic: Re: Mids 1.91 refuses to load build  (Read 4827 times)

Roderick

• Minion
Re: Mids 1.91 refuses to load build
« on: December 31, 2010, 07:59:25 AM »
Minor db update released today. Your Mids' should ask to update if you have it enabled.

My current Mids' is the most recent version (before this one). The updater runs, asks if I want to download, I click "Yes", it downloads something, then tells me it has to restart Mids' to apply the patch. I click "Yes", and Mids' restarts... and tells me that the same patch is available. Telling it not to download causes it to load the old, non-updated version.

I am running in Administrator mode. Any ideas what else might get it working properly?

Freakyliciousss

• Underling
Re: Re: Mids 1.91 refuses to load build
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 08:00:27 AM »
Mu updates keep going in a loop and when I go not to restart after it has restarted I can't open up my blasters.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 08:05:44 AM »
What operating system do you have?

What version of Mids do you have? (details found in "About" on the far right of the window)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Freakyliciousss

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:44 AM »
I am using Windows XP on 1 computer and Windows Vista on the other, but I am getting the same issue on both.

Freakyliciousss

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »
I am trying to use whichever version keeps trying to update on start up. I believe its whatever database fix yall updated 1.91?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 11:10:22 AM »
I was going to suggest that you should try running as admin, but if it's happening on an XP machine then that is not the issue, something else is.

The update requires a full download of the program and a reinstall/overwrite, it's not an internal update. Are you getting an exe download from the update, or some other file, or nothing at all?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
Imported a post from the announcement thread with the same issue.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 11:23:46 AM »
Can either of you go to http://www.cohplanner.com and download the file there and verify whether that asks for an update after installing?

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

stlcubbear

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »
I am having the exact same problem on Windows 7.  I redownloaded the .exe program and installed.  When it starts loading it says there is an update with a bug fix.  Click to download update then it asks to quit and restart to finish the update but when it opens again it goes back to saying there is an update to download and install.  Vicious cycle/loop...   >:(

Freakyliciousss

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and still get the update restart loop when I open up the program. I have loaded from the website also and still get the same loop.

Roderick

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 08:42:17 AM »
I don't have access to my desktop computer at the moment, but I'm fairly sure it had the same version of Mids', and updated just fine with the in-game updater; the issue only exists on my laptop. Both are running Vista, and are logged in as administrator, so there should be no need to run in administrator mode.

The version on my laptop says:
Program Version: 1.91
Game Issue: 19
Database Version: 19.001 (06/Dec/2010)

Reinstalling from the build posted at cohplanner.com (which had the same filename as the most recent version I had downloaded) resulted in a popup saying "Update applied!" (I did not get that before) and Mids' opening with the new version applied.

I edit my Mids' databases; I remove the suppressable defense values from stealth powers. This is the only thing that I can think of that may have prevented the update from applying. However, I've made the same change on my desktop, and it had no issue updating.

Either way, the issue is resolved for me.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
I edit my Mids' databases; I remove the suppressable defense values from stealth powers.
And thanks to a recent update, you don't need to do that anymore.  ;)

stlcubbear

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »
Has a fix for the inability to download/update to the v1.9110 database within Mids' released on December 30th been found yet?  I am still getting the vicious loop  >:(

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 07:01:59 PM »
Try going into the Mids' folder and running MHDLoader.exe (with right-click, Run as Administrator, if using Vista or Win7) directly and see if that resolves it for you.

SceneGG

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »
the current downloadable version of Mids & the autoupdate version are 1.9.10 not 1.9.110, hence the autoupdate looping. All the download links point to the 1.9.10 version too.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »
The program version (1.9.1) is separate from the database version (1.9.110). The program version hasn't changed; only the database version.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

stlcubbear

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 06:47:33 AM »
Try going into the Mids' folder and running MHDLoader.exe (with right-click, Run as Administrator, if using Vista or Win7) directly and see if that resolves it for you.

This worked!  TYVM  ;D