Author Topic: Telling Titan/CIT you have 2 CoH accounts?  (Read 10102 times)

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
Telling Titan/CIT you have 2 CoH accounts?
« on: December 12, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Within the past couple months I started using CIT and Sentinel, but I've found something I don't know how to fix.

I see on the badge leaderboards it says "Rank  PlayerName  PlayerGlobal1 & PlayerGlobal2" for some, how do you do that(tell Titan you have a 2nd game account)? I was hoping that would fix my veteran badge problem. My main account is at like 57, while the second account is only at 24. Sentinel/CIT adds the vetbadges for 27-57 to the characters on my second account. Some of my characters on the second account appear as "Global Name: Psychic Guardian2" in edit character details but they still were given the vetbadges at one point. I also don't know why some say "Psychic Guardian2" and some say "@Psychic Guardian", I'd think they'd both have the @ or both not  ??? .

Oh, and both accounts are run from 1 pc. I have a feeling if I had a 2nd pc to run the second account and sentinel on separate it would work fine.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Telling Titan/CIT you have 2 CoH accounts?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
Could you post a link to what you're looking at?  I only ask because when I look at the leaderboards I don't see any characters with two globals.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
Oh, Guardian leaderboard http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/leaderboards/?faction=0&server_id=6&archetype_id=0&origin_id=0

Although I noticed some are done with "&", some with "/" and a couple with "\", I thought it was a special field on the site somewhere, but I guess they could have just typed that in their globalname box.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
I honestly don't have any idea how it's displaying a global like that.  As far as I knew, the global displayed should match the global recorded for that character.  Using Herricane as an example, the global showing on the character page is definitely "@Hericane/@Hericane2", but in the CIT database, it's just "Hericane".

This one stumps me.  We'll have to see if anyone else has any ideas.

(Looking at your character records at the moment to see what the globals there look like.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
yeah I just started thinking about it, and I remembered; I've never told the network data about @Psychic Guardian2, so Sentinel did when it recorded the character. Which leads me to wonder what's going on where sometimes they display correctly as @Psychic Guardian2, and sometimes improperly as @Psychic Guardian.

My programmer's guess is that sentinel checks the global when you launch it, or when it detects it's first character, and that logging out PG1 to the login screen and logging in a PG2 character is what messes it up, but I don't know how Sentinel's coded, and I haven't tested that theory excessively. (I did try it at least once one night, closing sentinel and coh, launching sentinel and logging into PG2 didn't fix the globalname of the character on CIT I logged in)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
Just tried a quick little experiment with second accounts.  I logged in my primary account and let Sentinel detect the character.  I then quit to my login screen, switched to a character on my second account, and watched Sentinel.  When it first detected the character, it still had my primary account's global ID showing.  Once the global server in the game kicked in, the global ID in Sentinel correct itself.

Checking my characters on CIT, I see that a new record was created for the character on my second account (I don't typically track my secondary account's characters), and it was created with my primary account's global ID.

So, there's one issue identified with Sentinel.  I'll start a separate thread over in the Sentinel Tech Support board.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
Following up:  The character on the second account with the incorrect global ID can be corrected.  I left the character logged in, closed Sentinel, restarted Sentinel, let Sentinel detect the character, and checked CIT.  The global ID of the character had been changed in CIT to the correct ID.

So, while the character might have the wrong ID at first, Sentinel can correct it.  It will probably do so without having to restart Sentinel, but I probably didn't give it enough time on my first check.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »
I left the character logged in, closed Sentinel, restarted Sentinel, let Sentinel detect the character, and checked CIT.  The global ID of the character had been changed in CIT to the correct ID.

Cool, so I guess if I can remember to reboot Sentinel whenever I use logout to login screen I can remove the incorrect vet badges manually and keep it from putting them back.

A very nice thing about sentinel is it has virtually no startup time, so it's not an inconvenience to restart at all. (I was thinking minimize to system tray would be cool though)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:07:06 PM »
I'm still not entirely certain what's going on with the vet badges, but if you want to try to clear them and add them back in, I would suggest the following for each character showing too many vet badges:

* go to the character's Manage Badges page
* select Veteran from the "Jump to" dropdown
* at the top of the list of Badges Obtained, select the box in the header next to "Badge Art"
* all verified Vet badges should now be selected
* click "Remove Badges"
* all Vet badges should now be removed from the character
* with Sentinel running, open your personal info window (/infoself)
* give Sentinel enough time to send its next update to CIT
* verify that the Vet badges verified in CIT match the Vet badges the character has in-game

The only hypothesis I can think of at the moment regarding why those characters might have been awarded too many badges to begin with is related to the automatic verification of account badges and (possibly) Sentinel holding on to the global ID for just a bit too long when switching accounts.  If CIT saw that you created a character with your primary account's global ID, it would more than likely automatically grant the Vet badges from your primary account to the new character before Sentinel had a chance to correct the global ID.

That being said, we've turned off some of the automatic granting of badges since it was erroneously awarding badges it shouldn't have when characters switched sides and were granted some of the accolades automatically.  I'm not sure if auto-granting of Vet badges was indirectly also removed, but I notice that my newly created record for my secondary account's character has zero badges verified.  (But if I add any Vet badges manually, it shows that they are verified rather than unverified.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 02:30:46 AM »
Regarding the Guardian leaderboard with a few instances of two names, it's probably because on this page
http://cit.cohtitan.com/manage/my_account
you can set what your display name is, and it's probably pulled from there.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Bjork

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
Just as a confirmation. About half the time I play, I actually two box on the same computer. When I do this I always turn Sentinel off assuming it would get confused, having two sets of data coming at it at the same time. Is this true?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that once Sentinel detects the CoH process, it latches onto that process until either CoH or Sentinel is closed.  If that's the case, Sentinel wouldn't get confused, but it might not latch onto the CoH instance you were hoping for.

Still, closing Sentinel with two instances of the game running on the same box is probably your safest bet.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that once Sentinel detects the CoH process, it latches onto that process until either CoH or Sentinel is closed.  If that's the case, Sentinel wouldn't get confused, but it might not latch onto the CoH instance you were hoping for.

Still, closing Sentinel with two instances of the game running on the same box is probably your safest bet.  :)

Yes, it will continue sending accurate data from the first instance, blind to the second. If I remember right I tested it one night, and launching sentinel a second time, the 2nd also only tracked the first. I mentioned copying the herostats system of selecting your instance inside Sentinel in the Sentinel board awhile ago  :)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
The mythical v1.0 release of Sentinel will include an instance selection menu, which will work for any number of active instances for the Live, Test and Beta versions of the client.

Until then, Sentinel only grabs data from the first instance opened.