Author Topic: CIT Ready to Start Tracking I19 Badges  (Read 10346 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
CIT Ready to Start Tracking I19 Badges
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »
We've added most of the I19 badge information to the database and the I19 specific badges were flipped from "inactive" to "active" this afternoon, so everyone should now be able to start tracking the new badges on their characters.

We're still going through and verifying the information that's been added, but if you should you notice any issues specifically related to the information in a badge record (text, method for obtaining the badge, icon, etc.), please let us know here so that we can correct it.

Current Known Issues (workarounds noted where applicable):

* To address the side effect of changes necessary for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" and "Blockade Runner"/"Profiteer", all confirmed entries for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" were reset during Issue 18.  Any characters who earned this badge prior to October 2, 2010 will have to re-verify it.

* CIT has not yet been updated to detect a character's current alignment, so all badge names for a character are currently displayed based on the Archetype as follows:
- Blaster, Controller, Defender, Peacebringer, Scrapper, Tanker, Warshade:  heroic badge names displayed
- Arachnos Soldier, Arachnos Widow, Brute, Corruptor, Dominator, Mastermind, Stalker:  villainous badge names displayed
Note:  This should not affect a character's ability to verify a badge, only the way it is displayed in Manage Badges, Character Profile, Badge Checklists, etc.

* As a side effect of preventing erroneous parent/child badges from being verified, the "Siblings" and "Required Badges" lists in the Badge Family Checker window are not currently listing any badges.  When logic updates to the backend go live, these lists should return.

* Although set to "active" in the database, some of the new I19 badges do not have associated badge types (i.e. Accolade, Achievement, etc.) set, so they aren't showing up in the badge lists. - fixed 2010 DEC 01

Watch Items (we think this is fixed, but...):

* Hero/Villain and Praetorian specific badges related to account level flags awarded at character creation are erroneously being added by CIT to characters ineligible for those badges.  Specifically:
- VIP
- True to the Last
- Vigilant/Determined
- Praetoria's Son/Daughter
- fix attempted 2010 DEC 02; please include date badge was added when reporting instances of this issue; if date cannot be found, please let us grab the date from the database before removing the badge from the character

Current Possible Issues (need to check):

* Have French and German names for new badges been added?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:49:06 PM by Sekoia »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: CIT Ready to Start Tracking I19 Badges
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:38:43 AM »
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Issue_19_Badges#Accomplishment_Badges

The new Praetorian event badges need to be activated.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 04:56:23 AM »
I'm running into an issue finding Alpha Unlocked in the CIT list myself.  It's in the database and the flag is set to active, but it's not showing on the Titan Admin badge management page and not showing the CIT accolade list.

Edit:  Found the problem.  The badge type wasn't set.  Time to go a-scrubbin'...

Edit2:  And it looks like they're all showing up correctly now.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:00:02 AM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:54:34 AM »
Actually an Issue 18 badge issue, but still present:

"Praetoria's Son/Daughter" (Praetorian version of V.I.P./Destined One) and "True to the Last" (Loyalty program badge) are still being awarded when verifying with Sentinel or Herostats.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »

"Praetoria's Son/Daughter" (Praetorian version of V.I.P./Destined One) and "True to the Last" (Loyalty program badge) are still being awarded when verifying with Sentinel or Herostats.

*BHOK*

OK.  Thanks, Snow.  We'll look into it some more.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »

Just to make sure, delete these badges and verify again that they're still awarded improperly. It was only a couple days ago that we changed the logic on them.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 06:09:20 PM »

OK.  We've tried one more thing on the backend.  I'm going to move the issue from "Known Issues" to "Watch Items" rather than declare it fixed.  We'll give it a couple of weeks and see if it's taken care of.

Going forward:

If anyone notices that they have extra badges, it would be very helpful if they could verify via their list of recently added badges that the extra badges were verified after December 2.  If the badge history doesn't go back far enough, please don't delete the badge until you've posted here and we have had a chance to check the database for the date the badge was added.  Once a badge is removed from a character's records, we have no way of checking to see when it was added.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:03:00 AM »
Some of them are going back to Nov 15th (yeah, Snow Globe got hit with this too). I'll keep a watch on this to see if it happens again & let you know if it happens again.

Looks fixed though (I just tried to re-verify another character). Now to go fix the others.

Edit:
Apparently it managed to tag my entire account with those two badges on the 11th, and added them again on some characters after. Sigh.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:18:03 AM by Snow Globe »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 04:36:55 AM »
Apparently it managed to tag my entire account with those two badges on the 11th, and added them again on some characters after. Sigh.

Yeah, those two have been frustrating.

If it makes you feel better, we're planning on using the "nuclear option" when we're pretty sure this is fixed: clearing those two badges everywhere like we did with "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" and letting everyone re-verify them where necessary.  (Easier to do that with the /infoself these days.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 05:38:18 AM »
I noticed they were removed from the account wide badges. Also, I'm having another strange thing happening, but I'll send you a PM about that.