Author Topic: Bug: Possible to add Duplicate Uniques in Mids  (Read 1435 times)

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
Bug: Possible to add Duplicate Uniques in Mids
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:48:59 AM »
I was just messing with a build and looking for the best power to put a purpleset in, so I 5slotted Ragnarok in one power, then went to slot it in another to compare the increase, and it gave me the duplicate unique error msg as it should.
So I flipped the first power's slots to the empty alternate set, and put the 5 ragnarok in another power that took them.

Then the bug tester in me thought I'd test this; I flipped the 2nd power with ragnaroks slotted to alternate (putting the 2 ragnaroks on the same slot set; the alternate), and then hit the button to flip all slots to alternate, and it brought up both Ragnarok sets without giving the error.

It may have been done on purpose to allow for temporary slotting to find the optimal power to put a certain set in without being annoying, or it may have been an oversight the team may want to fix, idk, but I thought I'd point it out.

A purpleset is obvious, but I can see someone using this replicable method to accidentally double-slot a Numina or other unique proc and not realize.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: Bug: Possible to add Duplicate Uniques in Mids
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
It's a complicated little bug, and one that I'm not certain I can come up with an adequate solution for without adding something new (because changing between the alternate enhancements like that is a natural thing to do and makes sense to allow you, temporarily, to have duplicate uniques).

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll add it to my list of "would be nice, but".

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »
I'll suggest a simple solution: check for duplicate uniques when flipping slots and simply highlight them, don't prevent the flip. Otherwise, double check and alert the user by message box when you either save the build or perhaps open the Advanced Totals dialog.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 03:18:07 PM »
Highlighting is the solution that I like, and the one I thought of, but isn't exactly "easy" (and you'd also need to make sure that you could mouseover and get a mention saying "why" it is highlighted). Giving the alert when saving or opening Advanced Totals might be a better option in terms of ease and time.

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 05:23:56 PM »
I'll suggest a simple solution: check for duplicate uniques when flipping slots and simply highlight them, don't prevent the flip. Otherwise, double check and alert the user by message box when you either save the build or perhaps open the Advanced Totals dialog.

Advanced Totals gives me an idea.

A red line in the top of the "View Active Sets" window like with over-capped set-bonus's  seems like the perfect place for alerting people to this issue if/when it arises  :)