Author Topic: SOA Cloaking Device Values ? Right or Wrong  (Read 1391 times)

plainguy

• Underling
SOA Cloaking Device Values ? Right or Wrong
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:51 AM »
Just noticed that Cloaking Device for SOA unslotted is giving out a value of 7.5%
The info tab for the power under defense says 3.75% ( self)

Does SOA Cloaking Device just give higher numbers then the Blasters Cloaking Device from the Device set or is it a bug ?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: SOA Cloaking Device Values ? Right or Wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:19:32 AM »
SOA Cloaking device gives 3.75% all the time.

SOA Cloaking device also gives 3.75%, which suppresses during combat.

edit for clarification
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:41:15 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 05:24:51 AM »
Just noticed that Cloaking Device for SOA unslotted is giving out a value of 7.5%

7.5%... Defense?

The info tab for the power under defense says 3.75% ( self)

That should be correct.  As Aggelakis pointed out, 3.75% is unsuppressed, 3.75% is suppressed.

Does SOA Cloaking Device just give higher numbers then the Blasters Cloaking Device from the Device set or is it a bug ?

Cloaking Device for Blasters should be 1.75% Defense unsuppressed, 1.75% suppressed.

On the surface, it would seem that the Arachnos Soldier power is approximately 122% stronger than the Blaster power.  (3.75/1.75 = ~1.2244)

But that's not the whole story.

The Defense self buff modifier for Blasters is 0.070.  At a modified base value of 1.75% buff for each component of Cloaking Device, that means the power has a base value of 25% Defense for each component. (25% * 0.070 = 1.75%)

The Defense self buff modifier for Arachnos Soldiers is 0.100.  At a modified base value of 3.75% for each component, that means the power has a base value of 37.5% Defense for each component.  (37.5% * 0.100 = 3.75%)

So, yes, the Arachnos Soldier Cloaking Device does have a higher Defense buff than the Blaster Cloaking Device.  It is, in fact, 150% stronger than the Blaster power.  (37.5/25 = 1.5)

Is it a bug?  I haven't heard anyone officially state that it is or is not, so I can't really judge.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »
Soldiers get the same defense buff numbers as Defenders. Soldiers are defense monsters. Heck, Soldiers get 10% from in-set Maneuvers (Tactical Training), on top of the auto-defense (Combat Training), PLUS possible Leadership Maneuvers.

However, going along with their ridiculous defense numbers, they don't get as much defense debuff resistance as "base" archetype sets, and defense debuff resistance is very, very important. Thus, I highly doubt it's a bug.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

plainguy

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
Hey thanks a bunch. I was talking defense numbers btw, sorry about that.

Basically my build was showing me almost 12% increase in defense with Cloaking Device activated on my SOA Bane build, 11.5% to be exact. I was assuming  ( incorrectly ) that it was going to have the same value as the Blasters Cloaking Device from the Device power set. I can clearly see I was wrong in that assumption.

I appreciate the further insight into the numbers which I failed to find doing some searches. I figured it was that, but not finding anything and some misinformation threw me off.