Author Topic: CIT Now Ready to Track Issue 18 Badges  (Read 12829 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
CIT Now Ready to Track Issue 18 Badges
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:18:58 AM »
The CIT database should now be just about compliant with the Issue 18 English client and up to date with changes made up through the September 28 patch.  (Our apologies to any European players tracking badges here.  We haven't had a chance to add all of the French or German names in for detection yet - but if all goes well we won't need to.)

Keep in mind that changes were only made to the database in order to reach a state where badges can be tracked.  Most of the badges should verify using Glycerine or HeroStats without any issues.  In the event that a badge is not automatically tracked, you should be able to at least find it in your character's Manage Badges screen and mark it.

There are a few remaining issues that need to be worked out.  Here are the remaining outstanding issues with any workarounds noted.

---

* Many of the gender-specific badges are not verifying correctly, but can still be marked in the Manage Badges screen.  This includes the following badges:
 - Man of Vengeance/Woman of Vengeance - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - Master of the Airwaves/Mistress of the Airwaves - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - Mystic King/Mystic Queen - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - Newsman/Newsgirl - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - Pumpkin King/Pumpkin Queen - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - Pumpkin Master/Pumpkin Mistress - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - Widower/Widow - Fixed 2010-OCT-01
 - King/Queen of the Zig - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* The X times the Victor series of badges is not verifying properly, but can still be marked in the Manage Badges screen. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* Hero/Villain names for the "Grass Is Meaner"/"Grass Is Greener" badge are inverted.  Some people have reported issues with attempting to verify this badge.  The two issues may be related.  The names should be fixed shortly, but for now the badge can still be marked on the Manage Badges screen. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* The change of the "Socialite" Exploration badge to "Social Climber" has not been updated in the database yet.  This should be fixed before very long, but in the meantime the badge may be marked in the Manage Badges screen to add to your tracking list. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* "Blockade Runner"/"Profiteer" is missing in the database.  Originally, "Profiteer" was implemented as the Villain version of "Entrepreneur", but they were not the same badge.  When the entry for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" was fixed, we neglected to add the new entry for "Blockade Runner"/"Profiteer".  The new entry should be added soon, but until then, there is no workaround available to add the badge to your tracking lists. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* The "Beneath the Empire" Praetorian Exploration Accolade has not yet been added to the database.  There is no workaround for adding this badge to your tracking list at this time, but the badge should be added before long. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* The "Knows Nova's Nooks" Praetorian Exploration Accolade has not yet been added to the database.  There is no workaround for adding this badge to your tracking list at this time, but the badge should be added before long. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* "Judge and Jury" needs to be changed to "Judge & Jury" in the database in order to properly verify. - Fixed 2010-OCT-02

* As a side effect of the change to the entry for "Entrepreneur", if you had any villains that verified "Profiteer" prior to Issue 18, you will probably see "Free Trade Advocate" in your verified badges list.  You will have to remove that badge in the Manage Badges screen. - Changed 2010-OCT-02

* Some of the newer badges haven't had their images added yet.  It shouldn't be long before we get those added, too. - 2010-OCT-07

* Characters who are automatically granted Accolade badges with associated powers when they switch sides may find that they have extra badges in their tracking lists.  Logic was added some time ago to automatically verify all prerequisite badges when an Accolade was verified.  Since it is no longer true that a character must earn all of the prerequisite badges that were previously required for these Accolades, this logic needs to be modified or removed in the backend. - Fixed 2010-OCT-10

* To address the side effect of changes necessary for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" and "Blockade Runner"/"Profiteer", all confirmed entries for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" have been reset.  Any characters who earned this badge prior to October 2, 2010 will have to re-verify it.

* Characters who have switched from Hero/Vigilante alignment to Villain/Rogue or vice versa may have trouble verifying badges with different names on the other side.  For example, a Controller who has become either a Villain or Rogue may have trouble verifying the Free Trade Advocate badge.  Badges with known issues related to this include (but are not limited to):
 - Entrepreneur / Free Trade Advocate
 - Reformed Firebug / Firebug
 - Grass Is Meaner / Grass Is Greener
 - Judge & Jury / Merciless
 - Arachnos Traitor / Arachnos Official

* As a side effect of preventing erroneous parent/child badges from being verified, the "Siblings" and "Required Badges" lists in the Badge Family Checker window are not currently listing any badges.  When logic updates to the backend go live, these lists should return.

---

Sorry it's taken so long to get to this point, but everyone has had to come up to speed and there are a lot of changes taking place under the hood.

If you should happen to find you are having issues with verifying any other badges not called out above, please let us know so that we can make sure we have them on the to-do list.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:03:56 PM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: CIT Now Ready to Track Issue 18 Badges
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:02:45 AM »
Thanks for the updates, eabrace.  One note: "Judge and Jury" needs to be changed to "Judge & Jury" in order to verify properly.  Other things look good so far, though.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:52:27 AM »
Thanks for the updates, eabrace.  One note: "Judge and Jury" needs to be changed to "Judge & Jury" in order to verify properly.  Other things look good so far, though.

The name has been updated now.  Let us know if it still doesn't want to verify.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Just verified it myself.  :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:29:01 AM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »
Just pointing out that I've added this to the running list:

* To address the side effect of changes necessary for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" and "Blockade Runner"/"Profiteer", all confirmed entries for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" have been reset.  Any characters who earned this badge prior to October 2, 2010 will have to re-verify it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:25:37 PM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:27:59 AM »
Not to be a downer, but a few problems
* Hero/Villain names for the "Grass Is Meaner"/"Grass Is Greener" badge are inverted.  Some people have reported issues with attempting to verify this badge.  The two issues may be related.  The names should be fixed shortly, but for now the badge can still be marked on the Manage Badges screen. - Fixed 2010-OCT-01

* "Judge and Jury" needs to be changed to "Judge & Jury" in the database in order to properly verify. - Fixed 2010-OCT-02

* To address the side effect of changes necessary for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" and "Blockade Runner"/"Profiteer", all confirmed entries for "Entrepreneur"/"Free Trade Advocate" have been reset.  Any characters who earned this badge prior to October 2, 2010 will have to re-verify it.

If you should happen to find you are having issues with verifying any other badges not called out above, please let us know so that we can make sure we have them on the to-do list.
White Succubus (character 727), a Controller that is a villain cannot verify the following badges (marked but unverified):

Accolade: 751       Entrepreneur | Free Trade Advocate
Achievement: 237       Reformed Firebug | Firebug
Achievement: 9999       Grass Is Meaner | Grass Is Greener
Defeats: 9999       Judge & Jury | Merciless
Day Jobs: 744       Arachnos Traitor | Arachnos Official

Using Unstable Herostats 5.5.1.2

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 07:49:01 AM »
Not to be a downer, but a few problems

Thanks Snow.  We'll check into those.  Probably an issue with a flag set somewhere that says "Controllers are Heroes and those are Villain names."

I'd much rather have you tell us there are still issues than let us keep thinking everything's working OK.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
nvm, just read another post.

patteroast

• Minion
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been reported before, but I had some issues with a villain who switched sides while I was running Glycerine... when the hero versions of my accolades popped up, apparently all their prerequisites were added with them. So when I heard that things were mostly working I went to try to get his badge list current, I found that I was not only missing badges that I had, and some badges that I had wouldn't confirm because of the whole "why is a stalker saying he has a hero only badge?" thing... but I also had some confirmed badged that I did not actually have.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
Ah yes.  That prerequisite automation logic.  I'd forgotten that was in there somewhere.

Adding that to the list.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »
Entries pertaining to Accolades that can be automatically granted with alignment shifts have been removed from the prerequisite/child table, so this issue should be fixed now.  I won't be able to check it until later tonight, but if anyone else could verify it's now working properly, I can mark it as fixed on the list.

(Easy way would be to remove something like Received the Atlas Medallion and Top Dog from verified badges and then re-verify Received the Atlas Medallion to see if Top Dog is automatically re-verified.  If it's not, the issue is fixed for at least Received the Atlas Medallion.  Top Dog can then be re-verified.)

The logic itself was not modified since Gladiator badge verification still benefits from it.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 02:44:29 AM »
The parent/child "oops we verified too many badges" issue should now be fixed.  Please let us know if you find any examples of Accolades that are still verifying too many badges when you switch sides.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 10:37:48 AM »
So in order to get them all tracked shall we use the settitle binds? I say it because my main badger has 708 badges but in his profile it says only 696, I think it misses the 10-12 badges I earned when I turned him into full villain from vigilante during the weekend.
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
Unfortunately, there are two more limitations we need to overcome at the moment.

The first is the easier of the two, but requires enough time from someone with database editing access (which not all of us have) to update all of the settitle numbers for the badges.  The script that generates the settitles only generates binds for settitle numbers that the database indicates have associated badges.  It's nice for generating the binds when the database is completely up to date because you have a greatly reduced set of files.  The problem is that those settitle numbers are not set in stone and normally change significantly with each Issue.  We just started looking into the settitle numbers the other day and it would appear that approximately 264 badges need to have new or updated setttitle numbers.  Until we can get those updates made, those 264 badges might not be verifiable with the generated bind files.

The second issue, as mentioned previously, is the inherent belief by the current logic in the verification scripts that your AT dictates your alignment and therefore dictates what is and is not a valid set of badge names for your character.  For example, since the scripts are not able to recognize a Mastermind as being a Hero, they don't like it when we try to tell them that a Mastermind was just granted Received the Atlas Medallion.  But if that same Mastermind then flips back to being a Villain, it has no problem believing that the character has Atlas Shrugged.  We have to be very cautious in updating the scripts, so even though work is being done on those issues, it's going to take some time to roll those out.  When we do, however, the scripts will no longer care what your alignment is.  (And shortly after that - if not at the same time - we'll eliminate the need for settitle binds.)

Getting the list of available badges updated was just the first step.  Without the rest of the updates that are in work, this at least allows people to mark that their character has obtained a badge - even if the automated verification isn't working quite right - and see exactly which badges they have left to earn.  Admittedly, it's still not ideal, but it's a semi-functional workaround.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 05:36:20 AM »
The first is the easier of the two, but requires enough time from someone with database editing access (which not all of us have) to update all of the settitle numbers for the badges.

The settitle numbers have now been updated.  I've spend the two and a half hours checking out the bindfile generator and it appears to be working a-OK.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »
(Our apologies to any European players tracking badges here.  We haven't had a chance to add all of the French or German names in for detection yet - but if all goes well we won't need to.)

French and German names have now been updated in the database.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 07:45:33 PM »
Setting topic to "non-sticky" since we now have a thread for I19 issues.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin