Author Topic: Image Category Assistance  (Read 2307 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Image Category Assistance
« on: September 30, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
Re:  this image

As I understand it, Zane is part of the Powers Division, no?  If that's true, I'm assuming the image should be categorized under Praetorian Police Images.  I just want to confirm that I understand correctly before I tag the image.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Image Category Assistance
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »
Zane technically falls under the umbrella of the PPD, yes, but I'd say that a Powers Division Images category would be more appropriate. The characters in the Powers Division are central parts of the Loyalist Power storyarc track, and I certainly never thought of them the way I think of the PPD while playing through the arcs.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:49:05 PM »
I think we might have some Praetorian PD images that need to be re-categorized, then.  I haven't actually checked yet, I just suspect that might be the case at the moment.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:39:10 AM »
It's my understanding that the Powers Division is a separate organization apart from the PPD.

It would be like the difference between the CIA and the FBI. Or the difference between a Treasury Agent and the FBI.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:06 PM »
Organizationally they may be different, but as far as how they show up in the game when you're fighting one, any member of the Powers Division will currently show as belonging to the same enemy category as the PPD the way they're defined.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
Powers Division is explicitly a division of the Praetoria Police Department.

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 04:56:51 AM »

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:02:39 AM »
Looking at Praetor White's contact info, the first thing you see is "Commander of the PPD Powers Division."

Organizationally, the Powers Division is a branch of the Praetoria Police Department. Functionally, they're quite disconnected, and the whole schism between the super and normal divisions of the PPD is a central part of the Praetoria lore.

Since the story arcs in and of themselves make the distinction between "the Powers Division" and "everyone else in the PPD," I suggest Powers Division have their own category.