Author Topic: PAX!  (Read 4246 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
PAX!
« on: September 03, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
I am off to PAX. If ya'll need Wiki help this weekend, go bug Eabrace! ;)

YAAAAAAY PAX!

I'll letcha know if anything interesting pops up.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: PAX!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
Bring me back goodies.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »
I am off to PAX. If ya'll need Wiki help this weekend, go bug Eabrace! ;)

Good thing I didn't find someone to rent my house in TX sooner than I did.  If I had, I might have probably been there, too.  (Maybe next year.  Or maybe next year's Comic Con or something...)

Boy, then the Wiki would have really been in trouble. :P

I still think we should have T-shirts that have the Paragon Wiki logo and say "STAFF" on the sleeve just for this sort of occasion.

Maybe another one with the Titan Network logo.

'Course, we'd have to talk to Liz first.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 05:15:21 AM »
Inherent Fitness.

This is where the devs cry and players holler about them saying "never".
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »
Also, Apex is back as a contact for an Incarnate System task force. Woo!

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 05:48:38 AM »
Keep those nuggets coming!  :D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:37 AM »
Sadly (?) the panel was mostly about the lead-up and the aftermath of Going Rogue, and not terribly much about "what's next".

Most of the Q&A session consisted of "it's on The List (The List is huge)". Nothing really big to report there (they reiterated a comment from last HeroCon, that the "quit to character select screen" feature has basically been written up, the code monkeys just need to fit it in - this I am hugely interested in as someone who encourages alting).

The Meet & Greet was too packed full of people to get any dev time (did spend a little time talking with Ocho, but nothing came of that).

There was a raffle at the Meet & Greet, and some people won signed Going Rogue copies - signed by every dev who worked on Going Rogue - which is almost every single dev in the company - and we're at something like fifty devs now. (So, so far from the Freem 15!) I wanted one very, very bad to go with my signed Costume Code cards (all of my con cards have signatures from different rednames). Alas I won nothing.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »
Off the top of my head, I19 is supposed to be out this fall/early winter, and I20 "early 2011"... Incarnate Stuff should happen in every issue, possibly even between issues with smaller patches. Praetoria will be expanded beyond the 1-20 content, but most likely restricted to Incarnate Stuff initially. Uhhh. They really want to get rid of handmittens, but it's really, really hard. Umm. Someone mentioned making it easier to group, and mentioned That Other MMO's automatic team finder. Positron asked if we liked "That Other MMO's" automatic team finding feature, and I emphatically hollered yes, along with a few others, and they replied something like, "Well then! Noted." (Eric Johnson (?) from production said he liked That Other MMO's automatic team finder.)

Errr. Yeah. I totally wasn't taking notes like I was planning on doing. :p (I even brought a notebook and pen. :p )

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »
Inherent Fitness.

I think I must be the odd man out on this one.  I'm not thrilled by having Fitness become inherent.

(I know.  I'd be crucified if said that on the official boards.)

Sure, it frees up about three more power slots on a lot of builds.  But there's less thought involved when no one has to actually make a decision about what to skip.  Builds start looking the same from character to character.  And those new powers will need to be slotted, so if you were already slot-starved to begin with (and that's the issue I have with most characters if I have any issues), this is only going to magnify the issue.

Unless they modify the new "Inherent" Fitness to tweak base values and make them unenhanceable.  But that would seriously screw with builds for anyone that's using those for global IOs or six-slotting them for set bonuses.  Anyway...

I'm just a grumpy, old man.  GET OFF MAH LAWN!

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »
It's enhanceable, all the way up to six slots just like now...from the sound of it, basically they took Fitness out of the Power Pools and slapped it into the Inherents list.

You can't have inherent fitness if you have pool power fitness (meaning you have to respec out).

I'm not really thrilled, since most of my characters didn't take Fitness anyway, it just means they all became easier to play. On the one hand, it's dumbing down the game...on the other hand, if "nearly everyone" or "almost no one" takes or doesn't take something, that means it's broken.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
Diellan and character builder people, you may want to keep this in the back of your head in designing your apps.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
All of my Characters take some part of Fitness because I'm a button masher, I like to get in there and outplay the other peeps in my group....why, I honestly can't figure out, but it is just something I feel I must do.  To prove I'm a good player or something O_o....idk.

Anyway, this will affect me for sure if I ever get back in-game....so thanks for the heads up :P.