Author Topic: Grunt Work: Badge Text  (Read 2873 times)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Grunt Work: Badge Text
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
Before switching back to Villain, I looked through all my badges and pulled out the ones where the names and/or descriptions are different for Hero than they are for Villain. I'll be doing the same the other way around before long, but not for another couple of hours at least.

This is data that needs to be put in the wiki, but I can't be bothered at the moment. (-:

Agent of Order
Without heroes like you the world would fall into chaos and despair.

Anger Manager
With time, your legendary rage towards inanimate objects will be a thing of the past.

Annihilator
After the beating you handed them, the Freedom Phalanx is very glad that you're on their side now.

Blockade Runner
Your skills at circumventing trade restrictions and finding profit are handy in Paragon City. Recently it seems many have managed to run the blockade from the Rogue Isles, turning those restrictions into a paper tiger.

Bloody Hands
The memory of the heroes you defeated haunts you throughout Paragon.

Born in Battle
You may have proven yourself as Born in Battle, but in Paragon City other virtues matter more.

Ex-Archvillain
Statesman is known for seeing the good in everyone, but in your case it took a little longer than average.

Ex-Marshal
You once held the title of Marshal in Arcahnos. Unfortunately, the memory is all that remains of the power it once gave you.

Exorcised
The goodness you've let into your heart appears to have banished the spirit of a demon which once resided within.

Eye of the Storm
Maelstrom crossed the line and had to be stopped. Thankfully you were there to prevent things from getting out of hand.

Eye on Arachnos
Same as Arachnos Spymaster

Former Servant of Recluse
You have broken Paragon City's 'best,' and now must atone for those actions.

Gate Closer
You'd hate to have to defend Portal Corps from the Arachnos Flyer should it ever return to Peregrine Island.

Global Guardian
As a villain you struck at Atlas Park, the very heart of Paragon City, proving you must always be vigilant in its defense.

Gotten Soft
You once had an incredibly High Pain Threshold, but it seems you've grown a little soft after coming to Paragon City.

Grass is Meaner
You have traveled from the relative safety of Paragon City to the rough and tumble Rogue Isles, where it seems even the grass is meaner.

Gunrunner
You've scored the biggest coup of all; smuggling directly into Paragon City. Unfortunately, it's a long round-trip.

In Therapy
in order to get along with the heroes of Paragon City, you've started to see a professional about your desires for world domination.

Johnny's Ex-Best Friend
Same as Johnny's Right-Hand Man

Judge and Jury
You defeated one of the signature "Rogues Gallery" characters in an Alignment or Morality mission earning yourself this badge.

Libertarian
Same as Anarchist

Locksmith
With your knowledge of safecracking, you've given the local locksmiths a few pointers.

Made a Stand
Your morality has been demonstrated to all, at least for today. You completed a Morality Mission to earn this badge.

Pedestrian
No one sane lets you get anywhere close to their vehicles now.

Penitent of Vice
Paragon City still remembers the black eye you gave it to impress Arachnos, and won't soon forget.

Pirate Hunter
Same as Air Pirate

Reformed Firebug
For your actions setting Paragon City ablaze, you've been prohibited from owning matches or lighters of any sort.

Return Visitor
You've seen a lot of Paragon from the other side already, so you've got a head start on making your new life here.

Revoluationary
The Family doesn't make as many deals on the beach in Independence Port since you started working in Paragon.

Shark Bait
Captain Mako once called you an ally. Now he calls you a snack.

Steel Worker
Not even the hardened metal made in these factories of Steel Canyon was able to protect this city from determined villains. Good thing Paragon has you now to do it.

Talon of Talos
You know all the possible places where criminals lurk to ambush people in Talos - knowledge that only someone from the other side could have.

Tested the Water
You're not quick to pass judgment on others, but will step in when things stray off course. You earned this badge by helping someone complete an Alignment Mission that is not the same as your current alignment.

Thin Line
The Paragon Police Department has an entire squad tracking you. They've let you know that you walk a Thin Line here in Paragon.

Uninsurable
The massive destruction you previously wrought has made it really difficult to find anyone willing to insure you for collateral damage liability.

Whip Cracker
You defeated Desdemona and her demons, however you saw a glimmer of good within her heart. Perhaps there's hope for her yet.

Yesterday's News
While rampaging in the Rogue Isles, you acquired an Immobilizer Ray. Unfortunately, it seems to require something only present there to recharge.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:01:40 PM by GuyPerfect »

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Grunt Work: Badge Text
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »
And now the Villain text for my Hero badges:

Agent of Chaos
You leave nothing but chaos and destruction in your wake!

Archmage
Your research into the arcane, coupled with your experience in fighting magical foes, has unlocked heretofore unknown magics within you, earning you the title of Archmage. The associated spell of protection, which relies on a certain purity of spirit, is no longer useful to you.

Asbestos
You're pretty much made of Asbestos as far as the Hellions arsonists are concerned. If anyone's going to burn this town down, it's going to be you.

Atlas Shrugged
Whatever power the spirit of Atlas once sent your way, it doesn't seem to work for villains.

Barely Contained
Same as Guardian Angel

Come Full Circle
You ended up back right where you started, coming full circle from Villain to Hero and back again.

Conquerer
Same as Redeemer

Conspiracy Theorist
You uncovered one of Crey's conspiracies, and kept a Cryo Pistol as a souvenir. Unfortunately, feedback from the PTS has made it virtually useless in the Rogue Isles.

Deadly Virus
Same as Plague Carrier

Defiler
Same as Purifier

Eco-Warrior
Same as Nature Lover

Eye of the Storm
Maelstrom fell before your might. Perhaps now he will learn to not meddle in your schemes.

Firebase Zulu Deserter
You once were part of Firebase Zulu's security detail, but have since abandoned them to the ravages of the Shadow Shard.

Former PPD Stoolie
Same as PPD Informant

Founders' Loss
Same as Founders' Hero

Covert Operator
Same as Freedom

Cruel Warden
Sending escaped convicts back to the Ziggurat cuts down on the competition. It's only practical.

Fire Bane
You put a stop to the Hellions' fun with fire.

Firestomper
Once again, the Hellions have tried to set the town ablaze and you have stepped in to stomp them and the fires out. Killjoy.

Freedom Phalanx Fallen
The Freedom Phalanx has stricken you from their rolls. All associated rights and privileges have been revoked.

Geas of the Kind Ones
Whatever spirits watch over Croatoa have taken back their blessing from you. Apparently they feel you are no longer worthy.

Hero Corps Infiltrator
Same as Hero Corps Insider

Hero Corps Reject
Same as Hero Corps Recruit

International Spy
Same as Patriot

Isolator
When you were first brawling Contaminated in the Outbreak Zone, did you ever think that one day you'd be known as a villain?

King of the Zig
Same as Zig Warden

Merciless
You defeated one of the signature "Rogues Gallery" characters in an Alignment or Morality mission earning yourself this badge.

Mystical Adept
Same as Mystical Savior

Praetoria's Bane
In the past you rescued Statesman from the Praetorians. Perhaps today you might not do the same.

Rookie's Mistake
Same as Use Might for Right

Saboteur
Same as War Wall Defender

Socialite - Name conflict
Same as Justice Avenger

Task Force Abandoner
Your perks for serving the Freedom Phalanx have been stripped due to your descent into villainy. You can keep the epaulets, though.

Tested the Water
You're willing to work with just about anybody if the pay is good enough.

Turf Protector
Working with the government and your mirror self from another dimension, you stopped your evil doppelganger's plans to cause chaos and destruction throughout Paragon. That's your turf.

Vanguard - Contains itallics
Vanguard still values your efforts against the extra-dimensional invaders, but they no longer trust you as much as before. Without you even knowing it, they have silently confiscated your Rikti power amplifier. Vanguard ops are good.

Whip Cracker
Desdemona was no match for you. Her will was weak, and she appeared to have second thoughts on being a villain.

Wincott's Betrayer
Same as Wincott's Ally

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:06:04 PM »
Villain text added.  Hero text still needs to go in.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:19:35 AM »
Deadly Virus
Same as Plague Carrier

Carrier or Stopper?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:23:55 AM »
Oh, I guess it is stopper. The Accomplishment badge.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 12:37:03 AM »
Got it.

OK.  All of the existing badge articles have been updated with the info above.  Some of the articles (exploration badges) don't exist yet, so we'll have to fill those in later.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »
Not sure where else to put this info so I figured this would be a good place. New to the wiki, though not new to game, but I didn't know if I should've just created the pages for the badges or not.

Dastardly - The mere mention of your name causes those that hear it to shiver in fear. You have completed a Villain Morality Mission earning yourself this badge.

Frenzied - You completed a Villain Morality Mission and then maintained your Villain alignment for 7 days earning yourself this badge.

Heard the Call - You completed a Hero Morality Mission and maintained your Hero alignment for 7 days earning yourself this badge.