Author Topic: New power icon set for CoH/CoV  (Read 2825 times)

basilikon

• Underling
New power icon set for CoH/CoV
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »
Greetings, everyone,

I'm rather new to the Titan Network, but I'm hardly new to CoH/CoV.  I recently completed construction of a new set of power icons for use in-game.  It incorporates (most of) Vanden's icon symbol corrections and offers a few of my own.  This is a complete set:  it includes all primary, secondary, pool, ancillary, patron, temporary, inherent, and veteran power sets and Pet Command/Control icons (a total of over 1200 icons), all zipped up and available with a single download.

These icon textures have a different stylisation; the symbols in use are generally the same (with a few minor cosmetic changes); the colour schemes are the same as the native game icons.  The chief difference is that the icon textures are crafted with a domed glass-button style finish (which results in brightening up the appearance of the icons and adding a sense of visual depth).

Here is a link to the thread on the official forums which discusses the icons in greater depth, and also has a download link for the icon pack itself:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=213578

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: New power icon set for CoH/CoV
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:26 AM »
Hey, basilikon!

I saw your thread on the official boards before. I must admit I haven't used your icons, but the pictures do look great! Keep up the good work! :)

basilikon

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:50 PM »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »
I'll pop out there and download and try them out.  Like Fleeting Whisper, I haven't tried them yet, but I've looked at some of the images, and they do indeed look very cool.

basilikon

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
Hi, folks,

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop on here with respect to this icon pack.

There is now an enhancement face-lift (backgrounds only) available as well.  The new background textures coordinate well with the new power icons and inspirations.  There is a small issue with the way the enhancements currently manifest in-game, however.

Apparently, there was a decision by the game designers at some point in the past, the result of which was to alter the background colour for Resist Damage from the light blue or cyan which appears to be assigned to it in the texGui1.pigg file to the same lavender background which is assigned to Defence enhancements.  The result is that both Resist Damage and Defence enhancements have identical backgrounds, and this of course can contribute to some confusion in-game.  Since enhancement icons are assembled by the game engine itself from the individual component graphics, changing the fifteen or twenty background textures was all that was needed to jazz them up (a whole helluva lot easier than crafting 1200+ power icons was).

My question is this, do any of you long-term game vets remember playing this game when you first joined (or when it released) and ever seeing Damage Resistance enhancements with the light blue background?  Just curious.

At any rate, go check out the official thread and download the enhancement graphics upgrade :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:07:13 PM by basilikon »