Author Topic: Mids' Hero/Villain Designer v1.62  (Read 27472 times)

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: Mids' Hero/Villain Designer v1.62
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 03:34:45 AM »
Other than that, it would require a self-signed cert, that would require the user to be an admin to accept anyways.
Doesn't a self-signed certificate pop up a yes/no box rather than requiring the executable to be specifically run as administrator, though?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 11:40:06 AM »
Possibly, but it won't matter anyways, because the only way to implement a self-signed is by using the Microsoft installer wrapper.

Mids relies on the NSIS installer which might be able to implement a self-signed... but I'm also under the impression that you need to be an admin in order to answer a trust certification.
~Steinerd

Medieval Power

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
Hi,

I have display problem with .mxd files.  They're all showing the default windows file icon.  With the previous version of Mids they would show a panda (the same as the Mids executable).  The icon for the Mids executable for 1.621 looks different than the old version (looks like a gold plated endurance modification), but the *.mxd files are all showing just the default windows icon - not using the panda or the new end modish icon.

I tried re-installing the app.  No luck.  I'm running Windows 7 64.  I ran the installer as administrator and took all the defaults during install.

MP

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
There has been a new icon assigned to the mids application (per Mids' permission) we're using the Titan Planner icon/logo set for it now.

I wasn't aware that the affiliated files weren't getting the correct icon assigned to them, I will take a look at that.
~Steinerd