Author Topic: Signature Issues  (Read 5921 times)

Dihan

• Underling
Signature Issues
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »
Hi. I'm trying to use the signatures but they do not work when I am online and running Glycerine. It says the image cannot be displayed because of errors:

http://avatars.cohtitan.com/signatures/cgt/u13957.png

The avatar probably has the same issue but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Signature Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »
Hi. I'm trying to use the signatures but they do not work when I am online and running Glycerine. It says the image cannot be displayed because of errors:

http://avatars.cohtitan.com/signatures/cgt/u13957.png

The avatar probably has the same issue but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks.
Does it fail for all characters, or just certain ones?

Dihan

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »
I haven't checked them all but it doesn't work for the vast majority of them. It did work when I first started but now they don't.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »
I'll have more time to look into tonight.  Sorry for the delay.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:58:47 AM »
I haven't checked them all but it doesn't work for the vast majority of them. It did work when I first started but now they don't.

Ok, I think I have it working again.  I forced one of your characters to appear as online in our servers so that I could test out what was going wrong.  Can you give it another try?

Dihan

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
Sorry for the delay but I've been having Updater troubles. I'm online now though and it's working.

Thanks! :D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 02:28:28 AM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 02:42:10 AM »
Ok, we'll see.  Any specific characters?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 04:08:58 AM »
Running into some issues with my signature image tonight, myself.

The image should be here:

http://avatars.cohtitan.com/signatures/cgt/u4307.png

Ok, that's better than nothing.  Not sure why your custom image isn't showing up, though.  Have you changed it recently?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:43 AM »
Nope.  Haven't changed those images in ages.

Actually, I just noticed something else that's out of whack.

My SG on the profile of the character I'm currently logged in on is a little funky.  It's showing with a few extra characters on the front end.

".:3OSI Research..."
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 05:24:11 AM »
Nope.  Haven't changed those images in ages.

Actually, I just noticed something else that's out of whack.

My SG on the profile of the character I'm currently logged in on is a little funky.  It's showing with a few extra characters on the front end.

".:3OSI Research..."

aw crap ;.;  Looks like the last patch broke the herostats scanner.  I'm going to disable SG tracking in the webservices until Skip can get a chance to fix them.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »
I just noticed something that looks odd to me - and my gut tells me that it might be related to custom images not showing up in signature bars.

When I look at this profile, I can view the custom image by right clicking and viewing the background image.  That brings up this image.  Now here's the strange part I'm noticing.  The extension on this image appears to be .PNG.  And yet, when I view the image properties, it's registering as a JPEG Image.  I know when I took the screenshots for all of my custom images that they were JPEG images, so that should be correct.

Is there a chance that the signature generator is tripping on a type mismatch because it thinks it should be decoding a PNG when it should actually be decoding a JPEG?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:08 PM »
The PHP GD2 is using createjpeg() from a upload resource of any image type.

So filename might be a png (as it was when it was uploaded) however every image uploaded is converted to jpeg by MIME type and GD2 definition.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »
Actually, there are explict calls to createfromjpeg and createfrompng.

It was using createfrompng(), and producing the black box.  I just switched it to createfromjpeg(), and it appears to work.

*boggles*

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »
Look at the bottom of the page. and the php header... it doesn't matter what you create from, it will output the same thing. lol
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »
Look at the bottom of the page. and the php header... it doesn't matter what you create from, it will output the same thing. lol
"Content-type: image/png"
and imagepng() for the full image, I know.

I'm talking about it reading in the custom avatar from the file (not a dynamically generated file, btw), and overlaying that on top of the other PNGs.  Everything else uses imagecreatefrompng() just fine.  It's only this instance that needs imagecreatefromjpeg() to not show a black box.

I'm thinking that eabrace is correct.  There's probably some weird encoding where his avatars may or may not actually be PNG files.  It's a matter of sorting through the cropping/resizing code on the avatars, and that's something I'm not looking forward to.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »
Well, oddly enough, after showing nothing but a black box where the image should be for months (on all of my characters), I can see the image at the moment (at least for this one.)  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »
Well, oddly enough, after showing nothing but a black box where the image should be for months, I can see the image at the moment.  :)

cause I just fixed it *patpat*

Actually, there are explict calls to createfromjpeg and createfrompng.

It was using createfrompng(), and producing the black box.  I just switched it to createfromjpeg(), and it appears to work.

*boggles*

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Yeah, I was just confirming I was seeing what you were seeing.  :)

I hope it didn't break anyone else's signatures in the process.

Edit:  And have I told you lately that you rock?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »
LOL, png's and gifs are the only baddies capable of holding an rending an alpha channel, having a jpeg inject into a png breaks it almost all the time... at least in my experience.
~Steinerd