Author Topic: Basic article is done - feedback and tweaking?  (Read 6457 times)

Quinch

Basic article is done - feedback and tweaking?
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
I've finished writing up the article on my Grim and the Green architect arc and could use someone to give it a once-over to make sure I didn't mess things up too badly.

Also, is there an arc box template around I can use? Basically, something with a picture, level range, enemy groups, that sort of thing, that I can put on above the contents box?

On the whole, I have to admit that putting the whole arc in writing is fairly useful for error checking of the arc itself - I've noticed a few things, narration-wise, that got broken during the endless rewrites, repeating text and so on.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Basic article is done - feedback and tweaking?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:48:59 AM »
Threw together a mission box template for ya. Take a peek at {{MissionBox}} and lemme know if you think there should be anything else put in!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:55:21 AM »
That's awesome, Agge!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:03:38 AM »
Pffft. I just cobbled things together from the current (word)boxes we have. :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Quinch

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:26:03 AM »
Nifty, thanks much.

Stylistically, are there any problems with the article itself?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »
Other than personal preference on the "clutter" that the ParagonWiki contact format (with all details of all missions included), it looks great. Of course, personal preference shouldn't matter - if you like it that way, it's your arc page, and there is no "this way or no way" here on Ouro. :)

Minor note, you've got "Custom Enemies" and "Archvillains" switched around. Custom Enemies is to let players know who avoid custom enemies (because they're typically much harder), Archvillains is for listing specifics for AVs you've got. (See example in MissionBox page.)

Also, feel free to make a personal page for your custom enemy, Grimoire! There, you can upload a picture of him and show off his background/powers/etc. For example, the Lizardmen Dr. Aeon from The Butterfly Effect.

Also additionally, remember you can use {{Grim and the green Nav}} at the bottom of your pages for navigating between pages without having to scroll up to click the breadcrumb links at the top, or hitting the 'back' button. To avoid including them in transclusion from mission subpages, you need to 'noinclude' the template. That is done like so:
<noinclude>{{Grim and the green Nav}}</noinclude>
...that tells the entry doing the transclusion to ignore that part of the transcluded page's source.

EDIT: I added two enemy templates, if you'd like to include the "Enemies" section in your mission pages (on ParagonWiki, found below "Mission Objectives", typically followed by a "Notable NPCs" section to specify named enemies).
{{PwikiEnemy|Enemy Group Name}} for canon groups (links to ParagonWiki)
{{OuroEnemy|Enemy Group Name}} for fictional groups here on Ouroboros Portal (links to their page on Ouro)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:32:06 AM by Aggelakis »

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Quinch

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »
About custom enemies - considering that the only customs in the arc are a boss in the second mission and an AV in the last, would you say it qualifies as, well, qualifiable for the "custom mobs" tag?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:14:27 PM »
Yeah, you can put "1 Boss, 1 AV" or something. There's custom enemies in your arc at all, it qualifies. Of course, it's up to you what you want to put there to clarify your customization.

Note if you leave it out, it doesn't show up.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal