Author Topic: Using PiggViewer 1.6 on XP  (Read 2764 times)

basilikon

• Underling
Using PiggViewer 1.6 on XP
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:04:18 PM »
Greetings, everyone!
I am a new face on the forums here, though not new to CoH.  One of the biggest gripes I have had since I first began playing is that the zone loading screens are all optimised for 4:3 displays.  I play the game on a wide-format (16:9) display, and I have been poking around for a way to change out those things for something which fits without stretching.

I was able to download Splasher and change out the login screen and the char creation backgrounds, but the zone loading screens cannot be done with this app.

I downloaded piggviewer 1.6 (the only one that REALLY works the way we need it to, apparently) and set to work exploring the various pigg files and found the right texture pigg file (Misc) which contains those dastardly zone load screens.  It seems to work just fine, presenting me with the menu options I would need to edit/replace BMP-based or DDS-based textures, but the zone load screens are all JPGs, which the application doesn't treat the same way.  Is there some way around this anyone can share with me?  Is there perhaps some support file(s) which I lack in order to enable the piggviewer app to work with these JPGs?  Thanks in advance.

-b-

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Using PiggViewer 1.6 on XP
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »
If I remember correctly, all you have to do is put images with the same name in the proper directory under your City of Heroes\data folder.  The game will search in that folder before diving into the pigg files to find the images.  If it locates them there, it will stop looking and use the image if found there.

The map patches work the same way.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

basilikon

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:11:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply, eabrace,

I guess my real problem is how to convert the graphics files (.jpg's) I want to use into the .texture format other than using piggviewer to do it.  Is there another method?

-b-

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »
Hmm.  That one I don't know.  I'm not really familiar with the .texture format, so I don't know if you could just change the extension on the images you want to use or if you'd actually have to use a tool to convert it.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov