Author Topic: Diminishing Returns and Recharge Cap  (Read 6693 times)

Green Dwarf

• Underling
Diminishing Returns and Recharge Cap
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:53:10 PM »
Okay,

Can someone explain to me why ALL this extra Recharge Time sets are doing me about as much good as a third nut?!  My Revive is still recovering in 2 minutes and 26 seconds.  This is just unacceptable.

Thanks,
Green Dwarf

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.601
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Enma the Rezzer: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Spines
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fitness
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Barb Swipe -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Fast Healing -- Heal-I(A)
Level 2: Reconstruction -- RgnTis-Heal/EndRdx(A), RgnTis-EndRdx/Rchg(3), RgnTis-Heal/Rchg(3), RgnTis-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5), RgnTis-Regen+(5)
Level 4: Quick Recovery -- Efficacy-EndMod(A), Efficacy-EndMod/Rchg(7), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(7), Efficacy-Acc/Rchg(9), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc(9), Efficacy-EndMod/EndRdx(11)
Level 6: Hover -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Swift -- Flight-I(A), Flight-I(11), Flight-I(13)
Level 10: Dull Pain -- Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx(A), Dct'dW-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Dct'dW-Heal/Rchg(15), Dct'dW-Heal(15), Dct'dW-Rchg(17)
Level 12: Confront -- Mocking-Taunt(A), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg(17), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(19), Mocking-Acc/Rchg(19), Mocking-Taunt/Rng(21), Mocking-Rchg(21)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A), Flight-I(23), Flight-I(23)
Level 16: Integration -- Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx(A), Dct'dW-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Dct'dW-Heal/Rchg(25), Dct'dW-Heal(27), Dct'dW-Rchg(27)
Level 18: Challenge -- Mocking-Taunt(A), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg(29), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(29), Mocking-Acc/Rchg(31), Mocking-Taunt/Rng(31), Mocking-Rchg(31)
Level 20: Provoke -- Mocking-Taunt(A), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg(33), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(33), Mocking-Acc/Rchg(33), Mocking-Taunt/Rng(34), Mocking-Rchg(34)
Level 22: Intimidate -- Abys-Acc/Rchg(A), Abys-EndRdx/Fear(34), Abys-Acc/EndRdx(36), Abys-Fear/Rng(36), Abys-Acc/Fear/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Invoke Panic -- Abys-Acc/Rchg(A), Abys-EndRdx/Fear(37), Abys-Acc/EndRdx(37), Abys-Fear/Rng(37), Abys-Acc/Fear/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Impale -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(39), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Quills -- Oblit-Dmg(A), Oblit-Acc/Rchg(40), Oblit-Dmg/Rchg(42), Oblit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Oblit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- Ksmt-Def/EndRdx(A), Ksmt-Def/Rchg(43), Ksmt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Ksmt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Ksmt-ToHit+(45)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(45), Posi-Dmg/Rng(46), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 35: Revive -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 38: Moment of Glory -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Laser Beam Eyes -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(50), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Energy Torrent -- Acc-I(A)
------------
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Diminishing Returns and Recharge Cap
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:59:48 PM »
First off, an article for you:
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Enhancement_Diversification

Four level 50 recharge IOs is a pretty big waste of two slots.  Those are better allocated in other powers.  If I'm bothering with level 50 commons, I only slot 2, personally.

Another article:
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Recharge
Just a few specific tidbits about the Recharge in the game.

I've also noticed that you haven't picked up Hasten.  This itself is a 70% boost to recharge when clicked.  You are pretty close to permaing it, even with just these.

Just general build tips.  Focused Accuracy is a beast of an end hog.  I recommend 2 or 3(lower level) endurance reductions.  I would also drop the Efficacy pieces down to around level 20, to maximize use of each piece.

As another comment, if you find yourself using Revive too much, it might be worth it to step back and evaluate your playstyle, and see if there are any ways to improve.  Maybe being quicker on the Reconstruction, or limiting your spawn sizes / levels.  You might pickup a Steadfast Res/Def for a global 3% bonus to Defense.

What exactly are you trying to do with this toon (aside from massive regen)?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »
Nice use of the Mocking Beratement... sadly you're still lacking recharge, you'd be around 160% with hasten which is either at Perma-hasten or damn close, less than 20 seconds cool-down for sure.

I'm curious to what you purpose with the build is? PvP/PvP, Hybrid, TaskForce?

~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Monk, saw your PM today, was offline all weekend >_<.

SN gave you good advice, the same I would've gone with actually.  However, having been off the game for several months now (just log in for the Vet Badges really...missed the Halloween event '/e cry') so I haven't actually played in quite a while to be able to possibly offer you more insight than what SN has already said.

Picking up Hasten alone and slotting it as listed on the Wiki will give you a huge improvement.  Example from my main Tank is to slow down with the attacks.  Being a Tank I just need to hold aggro, not dish out a ton of damage.....but I solo a lot and want to move fast through the mobs.  So I'm slotted outright with Endo reducers and Acc above all else, then of course Recharges and Damages...whatever I can get from Set Bonuses as well.  You on the other hand are a Damage Dealer, so I can see the need for all this.  Get Hasten and just try to space out your Attacks, if you can stand to take a little extra damage by not attacking as fast, that will benefit you for Endo Regen.