Author Topic: Stalker Broadsword - Head Splitter  (Read 3497 times)

Spar

• Minion
Stalker Broadsword - Head Splitter
« on: October 29, 2009, 03:48:59 AM »
Broadsword - Head Splitter power for Stalkers is taking Single-Target Melee sets when it should be taking PBAoE sets.

St0n3y

• Boss
Re: Stalker Broadsword - Head Splitter
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:21:16 AM »
Just checked my BS Stalker on test (since my Live version is only level 27) and it states that Head Splitter accepts the following sets:

Knockback
Accurate Defense Debuff
Defense Debuff
Melee Damage

These are the same sets that Mids' is currently allowing.

No bug.  Nothing to see here, move along.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

macskull

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
Seems like a bug with the game itself, then, as Headsplitter is actually an AoE. Probably a relic from early closed beta when it had a 100% crit rate from hide (probably accidentally entered as a single-target power and the proper IO sets were never adjusted for once the power was fixed).

Spar

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »
Yeah, because the Scrapper version is AoE and it just seems like they're trying to screw Stalkers if they leave it single-target.  They can't say something like "It's not fair for Stalkers to have AoE because of multiple crits" when they prolif'ed elec with 3 AoE's (admittedly Lightning Rod doesn't crit, but it doesn't supress Hide either...)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
Yeah, because the Scrapper version is AoE and it just seems like they're trying to screw Stalkers if they leave it single-target.  They can't say something like "It's not fair for Stalkers to have AoE because of multiple crits" when they prolif'ed elec with 3 AoE's (admittedly Lightning Rod doesn't crit, but it doesn't supress Hide either...)

Have you thought about reporting this as a bug/telling the devs?  Ninja Blade.Golden Dragonfly is a functional equivalent to Broad Sword.Head Splitter and it takes PBAoE Damage sets.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:00:22 PM by SaintNicster »

Spar

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 02:45:18 AM »
Honestly it doesn't truly affect me since I don't have any Stalkers right now, but it seems unfair.  And honestly, I play maybe once a week because of school.  I might remember to do that next time I log in though.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 04:25:16 AM »
Honestly it doesn't truly affect me since I don't have any Stalkers right now, but it seems unfair.  And honestly, I play maybe once a week because of school.  I might remember to do that next time I log in though.

Head Splitter still has a cone attached to it (as macskull pointed out above) with a 10 foot radius, 20 degree arc, and can hit 5 targets max.  There is also still a 50% chance to crit on every target you hit.  These stats are identical to Ninja Blade.Golden Dragonfly.

You just apparently can't slot PBAoE Invention Sets in it.  This leads me to believe that it is a bug, not the devs being "unfair".