Author Topic: Issue 16 Updates  (Read 4851 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Issue 16 Updates
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:49:27 AM »
Now that we're in open beta, Issue 16 updating is underway!

I've uploaded the new icons.  I think I got all of 'em, but there might be a straggler or two that I missed.

I've already updated the Epic sets with the new powers and their info.

I've added Broad Sword to Stalkers as part of the proliferation.

Stuff that still needs to be done:

* new badge pages

* finish power proliferation updates

* add info on new difficulty options

* modify sidekicking info to include new super-sidekicking functionality
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Issue 16 Updates
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:11:45 AM »
From what I read, and saw... Super-Sidekicking is a THE new sidekick system... didn't think there was a choice in the way you SK/LK anymore. Am I wrong?
~Steinerd

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 03:04:06 AM »
From what I read, and saw... Super-Sidekicking is a THE new sidekick system... didn't think there was a choice in the way you SK/LK anymore. Am I wrong?

Correct. You either sidekick (or exemplar) or you don't join the team.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:35 AM »
Right.  The current article on the sidekicking system needs a complete overhaul with I16.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 04:44:05 AM »
FUN!

Got your work cut out for ya, but Pwiki has yet to disappoint. lol
~Steinerd

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
All of the proliferation info should now be in.  It does raise an interesting question, though.

Although I've marked each article that was affected by I16 proliferation with the Issue16 template, I probably could have made it clearer exactly what is changing in I16.  Right now, if someone's looking for info applicable to I15 and they look at Radiation Blast, if they're not aware of the changes coming, they might get the false impression that they can hop on a live server and create a Radiation Blast Blaster.

We may want to discuss whether or not there's a better way to work in updates to articles like this when the changes are on test but haven't yet gone live.  I'm considering a small box similar to the {{Bug}} template to note what changes are coming.  That box would then be removed when the changes go live.  (I did something similar with the Architect badge pages before the Great Badge Purge but wasn't smart enough to think of using a template until I was almost finished.)

Now, Electric Armor I would like to specifically point out.  The set isn't just being proliferated.  Conserve Power is being removed and replaced with Energize and the order of the powers is being shuffled a bit.  If you just browse the article right now, you'll see (mostly) just I15 info.  However, if you look in the source for the article, you'll find there are a ton of comment tags noting what is I15-specific that will need to be removed and what is I16-specific (and currently hidden) content that will need to be uncommented when the issue goes live.  That's the cleanest way I could think of at the moment to get all the info in there without messing up the currently live info.  For future reference, does anyone have any better ideas on how to handle something like that?

And a huge "thank you" to Blondeshell for hammering on those badge pages.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:02:37 AM »
Correct. You either sidekick (or exemplar) or you don't join the team.
I seem to recall from the super sidekicking announcement that there's an option to do the old version of exemplar/malefactor, but the new sidekicking is mandatory.

I haven't checked out open beta (and may not, the way classes are going), but I think that's worth confirming. Even if I'm remembering the announcement correctly, it's possible the actual implementation that got into the game is not exactly the same.

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 05:29:00 AM »