Author Topic: Introducing! Account specific badge tracking.  (Read 5295 times)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Introducing! Account specific badge tracking.
« on: August 25, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »
CIT is now setup to record badges that should be granted to a player's account/global name.

Account Management
For manual input, access your My Account Badges screen, also linked from the "My Account" dropdown.  Select your global name from the list to see the appropriate account.

Adding badges here will add them to all characters tied to that global name.

Deleting here can remove them from all if you want (there is a second check box).

Manage Badge page
Adding a global badge manually via the "Manage Badge" page will automatically verify based on the account settings.  You can delete via these pages and not affect other characters.

HeroStats / Glycerine
Code has been added to the scripts to grab the account badges on character creation.  No update is required on the user's end.

Add & verify your global badges by registering them on a character with that global name.  Once a badge has been detected on one character, it will be added (and verified) to all characters with that global name.

Add a character
Manually adding a character via the website?  Account Badges will also be pulled from here.  Just be sure to match your global name in the text field.  (My next step is to make a dropdown/input box here to help you out.

How do I start?
Either manually add the global badges through the My Account Badges, or verify again via either Glyc or HeroStats.  If you add directly from the page, it will take into account the badges already earned by existing characters.

ALSO!  Be aware that we have added the first 2 count badges to your global specific badges.  These are set up to NOT automatically be added when verifying from a character.  To make these be added (say if you have a lot of veteran rewards) to new characters, you will need to manually add them via the My Account Badges page.

Feedback / bugs
As always, we try to make this as easy for people to use as possible.  There also may be bugs that pop up.  Please let us know if you find any, and be sure to link your character profile pages when appropriate.

Thanks,
SN

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Introducing! Account specific badge tracking.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:46:41 AM »
I fixed an issue where global badges weren't being awarded to characters added to CIT through Glycerine and HeroStats.

nigel99

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
 ??? any idea if there's going o be a complete account listing fr badges checked, like 1 list of badges but the list gets checked of from al your toon's

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
??? any idea if there's going o be a complete account listing fr badges checked, like 1 list of badges but the list gets checked of from al your toon's

... Huh? I have no idea what you're suggesting

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »
One GIANT list of every Badge that all of the Characters on your Account have (or don't have)?...seperated by Character of course...? ???