Author Topic: A Teaser  (Read 7001 times)

Supa Troll

• Lieutenant
  • On a superadine-fueled coding binge.
A Teaser
« on: July 19, 2009, 07:13:49 AM »
Hmm, I see that paragon forums is shut down now.  There's no General Discussion specific to the wiki crew here.  And while this isn't really wiki-related, I don't want to post in General Discussion up at the top, because this is meant for you guys (and girls!) only.  Ah well.

Anyway, cause I love you all for the hard work you do on the wiki, here's a special Going Rogue preview.  Some NPC models slipped into the I15 live build.  I'm thinking (hoping) these are for a GR prelude event that will be happening at some point.

5th_Marcus_Cole_01
Emperor Cole, I presume?  I'm not sure why he's 5th_*, but the belt looks similar to his armor in the preview FMV.

Resistance_Bella_01
The NPC name for her is none other than Belladona Vetrano -- better known in our universe as Ghost Widow!  Does 'Resistance' indicate that she's the "good" version, fighting against Tyrant?  Her costume would seem to fit that.  She has flowing hair, and a hovering drone of some sort.  I need to see if I can get a higher-resolution shot -- the detail work on her costume is amazing.

Clockwork_Dev_01-03
Praetorian Clockwork Androids!!!  Although there's only one set of costume pieces with minor variants, there's 1 robotic, 5 human-like male, and 7 human-like female faces for this model.  So I expect we'll see a lot of them.

Clockwork_Ivy_01
A female clockwork android, apparently named Ivy.  Note the contact circle.

Alpha_01
Not sure who this guy is.  His costume pieces and NPC entry are all called simply "Alpha".  He has a completely custom costume, much like Marcus and Belladona, which is more than a lot of signature Heroes can say.

There are also some more costume pieces called "Champion", which look like some kind of body armor and are similar in style to Alpha's.  No NPCs are currently using it.  I'll have to see if I can put together a demo.

Oh, and I found a map...  It's called maps\MISSIONS\unique\Praetoria\AbandonedWarehouse_Portal.bin
I think that says it all.  The map seems to be blank (empty space) as far as I can tell, but it does have a custom loading screen...

Please don't put these on the wiki, I don't want to cause issues with the devs.  Not sure how the Titan folks feel about discussing unreleased stuff that's in the data files -- hopefully they're okay with it.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this stuff in action!

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: A Teaser
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »
I'd say this is a better place than any to post wiki related misc chat.

That's very interesting to see... which makes meh smile to see that they're gunna bring in new contacts, which obviously means to tfs and arcs. lol
~Steinerd

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:40:21 PM »
Considering the color scheme, I would say Alpha and Ivy (I-V) are part of the P.Clockwork. That would make Alpha... the Clockwork King! No brain-in-a-jar for the Praetorian version.

Catharctic

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
Considering the color scheme, I would say Alpha and Ivy (I-V) are part of the P.Clockwork. That would make Alpha... the Clockwork King! No brain-in-a-jar for the Praetorian version.

I wonder if Ivy's the Praet. version of Penelope Yin.

Supa Troll

• Lieutenant
  • On a superadine-fueled coding binge.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

Aha!  I saw the I and the V in the LadyBot_Head texture, but I assumed they were roman numerals.  I didn't put it together with Ivy!  Seems so obvious now.  Wonder if it means anything.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
Aha!  I saw the I and the V in the LadyBot_Head texture, but I assumed they were roman numerals.  I didn't put it together with Ivy!  Seems so obvious now.  Wonder if it means anything.

You mean like Artu-Deetu?

Fourth time's the charm when you're building your Clockwork Queen.