Author Topic: Trillionaire vs. Leader  (Read 12205 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Trillionaire vs. Leader
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:57:46 PM »
While investigating translation of badge names to different languages for different clients, I noted that there appears to be no definition for "Trillionaire" in the game.  In actuality, the six badges I found that were defined using the villain infamy badge icon were named "Bling", "Mr. Big / Ms. Big", "Midas Touch", "Trendsetter", "Popular", and "Leader."  That seems to indicate that final the hero and villain badges for influence and infamy share the same name.

Do we know if anyone has ever actually earned and verified a "Trillionaire" badge on a villain?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Trillionaire vs. Leader
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »
We do have some Characters that have this Badge, however I see what you are saying, we've got the V_name for "Leader" set as "Trillionaire" when I believe it's supposed to be "Leader"...same as the H_name.

From what I can see....I think "Trillionaire" was once it's name, but changed in-game and we never Updated....I'll confirm this though.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
... well they can't use Trillionaire if they cap out at 2.5 billion influence per char lol (I know that's the max, I attempted to go past it and lost 50 mil on a LoTG 7.5% :().

I know unrelated... but it's stupid how they just throw out titles for some of these things with no context taken into account.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »
... well they can't use Trillionaire if they cap out at 2.5 billion influence per char lol (I know that's the max, I attempted to go past it and lost 50 mil on a LoTG 7.5% :().

I know unrelated... but it's stupid how they just throw out titles for some of these things with no context taken into account.

2,147,483,647 inf.  They use a signed integer.

Also, they used "Decimator" for destroying 5 objects in the MA.  They don't appear to care too much about the exact meaning of a word when used for a badge.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
lol, obviously.
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »
Not to mention "Popular" and "Leader" have the same Badge Text for Hero and Villain alike....that's 4 Badges stating that Paragon City wants to make a statue of the Character in question....Villains don't reside in Paragon, save for the PvP Areas, technically.

Also, the Badge text of "People look to you as a Leader" belongs to the "Trendesetter" Badge, that could just be imo that mentioning "Leader" in the Badge Text should really go with the "Leader" Badge...I'm sure they'd come up with something more snazy for being a "Trendsetter" if they tried....

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
Not to mention "Popular" and "Leader" have the same Badge Text for Hero and Villain alike....that's 4 Badges stating that Paragon City wants to make a statue of the Character in question....Villains don't reside in Paragon, save for the PvP Areas, technically.

Also, the Badge text of "People look to you as a Leader" belongs to the "Trendesetter" Badge, that could just be imo that mentioning "Leader" in the Badge Text should really go with the "Leader" Badge...I'm sure they'd come up with something more snazy for being a "Trendsetter" if they tried....
According to the I15 Patch Notes, these were fixed.  However, as I don't have the badges, I wasn't able to check to tweak the exact wording on them.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
It took me almost five years to figure out where the badge names were associated with their icons in the client files.  I'll get back to you if I ever figure out where the association between badge and description is made.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
LOL!

Well fair enough, SN thanks for that....I missed that as well when reading those notes before.... I'll contact those I contacted before to get the Text for said Badges and I'll Update them when I get it.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »
LOL!

Well fair enough, SN thanks for that....I missed that as well when reading those notes before.... I'll contact those I contacted before to get the Text for said Badges and I'll Update them when I get it.
Any updates on this yet?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »
Any updates on this yet?
Probably no.  On what, specifically?

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
Probably no.  On what, specifically?
On whether the villain version is called "Leader" or "Trillionaire."

Catharctic

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 10:23:52 PM »
I'm working toward it. I'll let this thread know once I get there if no one has posted.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »
Sorry about this guys.  I neglected to keep this updated.  I did not get word back from those I contacted previously, so I'm now moving down my list and sending out several emails to those I know have this Badge.

One of them should get back to me I hope.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »
Just got an email back verifying both Popular (Badge Text Change) and Leader (Name and Text Change) for Villains, updating Badge Details now.

Missing - Hero version of Leader needs Text Verified, still working on it.