Author Topic: Update?  (Read 60978 times)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Update?
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 02:33:53 AM »
I really hope everyone realizes that by now, lol :D!

Though there will still be a great deal of work because i16 is going to poliferate a lot of powers across the archetypes.
~Steinerd

tunch

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 08:48:25 AM »
Issue 16 is NOT Going Rogue.

YES I KNOW!   ;D

I really hope everyone realizes that by now, lol :D!

Though there will still be a great deal of work because i16 is going to poliferate a lot of powers across the archetypes.

thats what i was trying to say :)

so steiner , who will work on the i16 then? we need a new man by the looks of your busyness  :P

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 08:53:13 AM »
Well. I brought someone in to help with MxD... however availability and life are factors for everyone.

I'm calling in a few favors that might prove worth while... I'm still standing by my deadline... since it's 4:51am on the Friday I was hoping to release the new version... I'm going to give myself till the end of the day to release it.

~Steinerd

tunch

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
well mate , we can wait for a 1 day or 2 , so dont take it too hard!  :D

Big B2200

• Minion
  • Big B2200 any way I can help just ask!
    • Van Gaurds Inner Circle
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
Well. I brought someone in to help with MxD... however availability and life are factors for everyone.

I'm calling in a few favors that might prove worth while... I'm still standing by my deadline... since it's 4:51am on the Friday I was hoping to release the new version... I'm going to give myself till the end of the day to release it.

Just the fact that your working on it is good for me, although like the majority I am paitently waiting. If there is anything that can be done to help now or in the future Just ask.

Thank you for your hard work!

Catwhoorg

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
*taps foot and looks over Steiners virtual shoulder*

Management seems to think that helps in many business

???
Catwhoorg Claws/Regen/Awesome of Triumph

Dabbling with CO and LOTRO.

Mainly playing single player games and PBEM wargames.

tunch

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 06:13:38 PM »
dumdududum dumdududum dumdudum

"drums rolling"

:D

Sili

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 03:30:58 PM »
Well friday has come and gone any new info on an update?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »
Yuppers, I have done my part to get it up-to-date. I have my entry data dude plopping the pvo IOs in there so I can buy myself some more time to release a new version of Mids with repaired bugs and the features that REALLY need to be added like the one you just asked about it in another thread regarding Dim-Returns.

He's on vacation with is family and is currently doing this in his free time while in a hotel room... so I'm not expecting much until later tonight if not tomorrow.

This is the last thing that needs to be done before and updated Mids will be released.
~Steinerd

Prez

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 06:58:46 PM »
He's on vacation with is family and is currently doing this in his free time while in a hotel room

Geeez, while I appreciate the thought that this just might get updated I can't help but remember back to a site I used to belong to and read things like this when they didn't update their product in time.  Sorry, I guees I will relinquish my hopes in seeing an update for this product any time soon.  I don't want my hopes to use it crushed (like the loose Friday deadline that just occured) again when I read the next reply stating...

He was in an accident when on vacation with his family and now so-in-so will be helping but, he's working 12 hour days and will do it in his free time

Just release what you've got already.  Do it in versions like I said before.  It was perfectly FINE to use before, can you just update the powers since the last issue this thing was published and release it!  I don't care how pretty the icons need to look.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:12:39 PM by Prez »

captrench

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »
calm down guys, last thing i want to see is someone losing motivation to do something for free, for the CoX community, just because of people flaming him. Bottom line is it IS a freebie, he DOESN'T have to do anything. Also, i would rather have it released "finished" than "Just release what you've got already". from my point of view, so long as its being worked on and i get something eventually thats good enough for me.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »
calm down guys, last thing i want to see is someone losing motivation to do something for free, for the CoX community, just because of people flaming him. Bottom line is it IS a freebie, he DOESN'T have to do anything. Also, i would rather have it released "finished" than "Just release what you've got already". from my point of view, so long as its being worked on and i get something eventually thats good enough for me.

I totally agree with this.  There are at least two people working on a project that isn't their creation, for no compensation.  They deserve thanks and praise for even trying t keep it going.  If they didn't pick it up, the version we have now would be the only one out there unless some new came a long and whipped one up from scratch.

As to the release what you've got, even if the icon's don't look good thing, no.  He's taken a tool that has been used for a couple of years and despite the odd flaw or two (just found a new one today BTW), has been a great, well polished tool.  Then Mid's quits work on it.  If the first update hits and is incomplete and looks soppy, people will will cry doom.  There will be a lot of negative talk about Steiner and his ability, ignoring completely the reality of the situation.

No.  This first update under his watch should be the best he's capable of creating, and from his posts, he knows that, and is working hard on it.  I don't recall ever seen a hard and fast date for release of anything yet.  Friday was a goal.  It missed.  It happens.  I really don't even want to get into the example about speculative reason for the next possible delay.  It would be-- unkind.

Steiner, some of us for sure, and I suspect most of us, understand the situation and while anxious for a new version, are keeping things in perspective.

Sili

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
hehe, this thred is starting to look like broadcast in Recluse Victory.  As i say there "good times"

Thanks for the update steiner

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2009, 05:21:50 AM »
... Sorry, I guees I will relinquish my hopes in seeing an update for this product any time soon.  I don't want my hopes to use it crushed (like the loose Friday deadline that just occured) again ...

Just release what you've got already.  Do it in versions like I said before.  It was perfectly FINE to use before, can you just update the powers since the last issue this thing was published and release it!  ...
Better to do it right the first time, then having to update, tweak, update, tweak, update, tweak.

By the way, Steiner never gave a firm "yes, it will happen on X"... he said he wanted it done on Friday. He said he'd do everything he needed to do. Now it's in the hands of his "data entry drone" (  ;) ), who is doing this in his free time ON VACATION. Maybe you didn't see that the first time. The person is taking his VACATION free time and using it for Mids instead of for himself.

It didn't get done on Friday. That is neither a broken promise nor a missed deadline.

Next time you get antsy about the update process on Mids (or its delays), maybe you should do it yourself. All of the numbers are fully editable by you. ;)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2009, 05:40:13 AM »
I'm good.

Just kind of bewilders me to see such malice and malcontent over something like this... now I know why my "data entry drone" as you put it Agge wants to stay in the gray. He even told me that he wanted to stay in the gray to avoid being harassed like this, lol.

Oh well, I'm numb to it. I do this stuff for the users who appreciate what I do, not the few knuckleheads who thinks their priorities are more important that everyone else's.

Well, I'm a forgive and forget type (some might say to a fault) so I don't don't hold a grudge, I'm too lazy to hold a grudge, right? lol
~Steinerd

Feugan

• Underling
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »
I just stumbled onto this forum from some threads I was reading in the US forums... I am not sure if it is still a problem, but you mentioned you were having trouble with the icons for the PvP sets? I also encountered this when I added them into my mids designer... Although by now I am guessing mids has let you in on the secret to how he does it, I will tell you how I got around it also.

I ended up having to use 2 different images, one for the Invention editor and the others for the Enhancement editor. for the Inventions I used the larger images from your wiki site - http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Category:Invention_Art... the images here get scaled down to fit nice and snug into the spot. The first couple I did had some extra colours around the side, but that all clears off once you've added it for each set you've created... but when you open up the set, the enhancements icons themselves are huge... so for those ones I made seperate images to the scale of the current icons in the /images files in mids...

It seems to work fine for me that way, but you probably have a better fix for it after talking to mids... but just incase you don't then thhhere you go  :D

Looking forward to your work in the future, I only just found out that mids is going to be updated again... I was under the assumption it was left deserted, so it was awesome to hear you've taken on the job... and what a job it is... took me forever to add those PvP recipes in myself. Goodluck! ;D

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
I did pretty much everything you said at first. But yea, Mids broke it down for me.

I'm used to doing high DPI images... 200 is my default.

WELLLLLL, VB.NET seems to have a small hitch against displaying pngs... they have to match the screen's DPI.

So I simply dropped the DPI to 100 (though most screens are 72, 100 seems to fit the best), made the image 30x30px the inside image 22x22px and I only had to use the one image for all the icons for that IO.

Thanks for lookin out though!
~Steinerd

Feugan

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
Awsumsauce ;D

I'm looking forward to the update, my self update is very floored, I could not seem to get the range/repel set bonuses and panacea procs to work properly... good to know we have someone who knows their way around this kind of stuff working on it

Prez

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »
Just so I can explain why I got frustrated earlier it's because I'm anxious (yes, I need to get a life), and also because of these two statements made earlier:

I will finish MxD and not move onto another project until it's ready.

Just getting a usable up-to-date version done and out

As I said, I, and many others had been jaded in another forum a long time ago, albeit a program used for an MMO paid for, with post after post of how they were in the process of updating it and HINTED at deadlines and releases [soon].  I was caught up in a past moment.

I apologize for my rudeness.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »
I accept,

However you shouldn't really quote me unless I slap the words "guarantee" or "promise". And in all contrast, I literally sat down in front of my computer for 8 hours Thursday figuring the ins and outs of the MxD code and how to use it properly without creating more issues for the users. I've only moved on to eliminating some bugs from our "list" while I wait for the work I delegated out to be done.

We're "understaffed" and the few people that I trust to help with the MxD are not available accept one who read this thread and said "Well, if they're giving you this much hell over it, I'll do it on my vacation while the kids are asleep" (paraphrasing). So he's really doing me (and you by proxy) as HUGE solid (/favor).

I sincerely appologize for the negative flashback this caused you,  but we're not them... and just like I tell my GF; I don't think it is fair to automatically judge a person or situation because of someone's mistake in your past.

Everyone has their reasons to be frustrated and it's only fair to speak your mind here... but others will speak theirs and there is a good chance they will speak against it...

Anyways, it's all cool. I know you meant well, I'm not worried about it.
~Steinerd