Author Topic: Mids Steps Down  (Read 7768 times)

Mids

• Elite Boss
Mids Steps Down
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
Alas, the time has come for me to retire from development and maintenance of Mids' Hero/Villain Designer.
It's sad to say, but I'm not able to give it the level of attention and time that I could in the past.

So, with that in mind, I've taken the difficult decision to pass it on to someone who can give it the level of commitment it needs, as I'd very much like it to remain available and useful as a resource for the CoX community.

Steiner at the Titan Network has agreed to take it on, and will be handling future updates and such. Though I'm sure I'll be checking up on him from time to time to keep him on the straight and narrow. ;)

I'd like to thank the community as a whole for the support and positive feedback you've always given me, I've very much enjoyed my tenure as 'planner guy'.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
Re: Mids Steps Down
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Catharctic

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
Shades is such a drama queen.  :P

Thank you for all your hard work Mids. You have made the game more enjoyable and organized for many of us over the years. Enjoy the break. We look forward to any announcements of you coming back (or maybe stopping by a North America server). At the end of the day, you are definitely the more friendly Bauer.  :)

You will be missed, but I also look forward to seeing what happens with the planner from here.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »
Sadly, this specific thread is closed from people other than our moderators comments... Not sure if you two realize that, lol.

You got a lot of love coming from the US forums Mids' about 30 people in the first hour wished you the best and huge thanks for what you've given to the community thus far.

No doubt it's a sad turn of events, but time heals everything and I think time in our side. Both for the time you've spent on the application development and the time until the next big thing on CoH that I'm SURE will bring you back, lol.

Something deep down tells me you're not leaving for good... I couldn't walk away from something that I created and neither could any of the other semi-retired site founders! We'll see you again and it will be a great day!
~Steinerd

Catharctic

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »
I didn't realize that, but I still made sense.