Author Topic: Can't change printer in Windows Vista  (Read 2155 times)

Lomyril

• Underling
Can't change printer in Windows Vista
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
I'm running Mid's Hero Designer v1.4 in Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1.

I'm running the program in both regular and Administrator mode.  I can print just fine on my regular printer, but now I have my laptop with me at a friend's house and I'm trying to print to their printer.  I can select the friend's printer just fine within Windows, and I have made it my default printer.

However, when I try to print in Mid's, it keeps defaulting to my original printer I have at home.  When I try File > Print > Change/Setup, it won't let me change the printer.  When I click the Change/Setup button it will only give me the Setup window.

I remember having this problem before, and I thought I had a way to fix it, but I can't recall how to do that.

I've also tried logging out as my regular user ID and have run my desktop as an administrator, but that still won't let me use another printer with Mid's.

Right now to get the file to print I've had my friend install Mid's on their system to print from there, but for the future I'd like to know what else to do on my end (if anything).

Thanks!
"The Sky is not the limit to Mastery, for (as any science fiction enthusiast can tell you) there are infinite worlds left to explore once the sky is left behind." From "Role Playing Mastery", by Gary Gygax.

Mids

• Elite Boss
Re: Can't change printer in Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »
I have a nasty feeling the printing thing may be a screw-up by me. :-\ It's been a long time since I coded it, so I can't be sure offhand though exactly what it's doing right now.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.