Author Topic: Function Key Binds Messed Up  (Read 2809 times)

EagleStar

• Underling
Function Key Binds Messed Up
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:46:29 PM »
Okay, ever since starting CIT with HS, all the text function key binds, except F10 are totally messed up. They give odd background and text color coding. They were all working fine BEFORE I started using the Settitle binds. So what's up with that, and how do I fix it???

I did notice a user_bindfile text document after extracting the zipped file in the C\bind directory.

Help would be appreciated as little things like this are a bit annoying to me.  ???

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Function Key Binds Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:54:33 PM »
There is a new string you have to run to load up the binds.

Make sure to follow the directions on the page to a T. The new load string should backup your currently logged character's bind file to the same directory and load upon completion.
~Steinerd

EagleStar

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:21:42 AM »
Okay, I tried the new bind file and did to a "T" everything and still this is what happens when I hit the F7 key:

<color black><bgcolor #22aa22> Ready!

How can I get rid of the coding with these keybinds?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:45:57 AM »
Hmm... I didn't take into account that people would use function keys...

/unbind F7 (Unbinds a bound key (sets it to default)). 
If the default action is not desired, use: /bind keyname "nop"
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 03:40:44 AM »
Hmm... I didn't take into account that people would use function keys...

/unbind F7 (Unbinds a bound key (sets it to default)). 
If the default action is not desired, use: /bind keyname "nop"
*sigh*
Steiner... these are binds created by default by the game.  F7 through F10.  Various little "Ready!", Looking for team, and the battlecry.

When Issue 13 hit and they did the overhaul to allow for copy and paste, they did some weird things so that character encoding doesn't work correctly.  This is more obvious when importing from the file.

If you still want the green bubble, try re-entering the bind by hand.

/bind F7 "say <color black><bgcolor #22aa22> Ready!"

'Say' will make it come out on the active chat channel.

EagleStar

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:38:35 PM »
Okay thank you both for the help! Now, it seems I have to do this unbind to each character? Is there anyway to do it globally?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
To my knowledge, nope.  There are a few things that are Global only because of the Game "remembering" what you last did (such as hastily switching Characters right after moving a Chat Tab or Window around, the now Online Character will display these changes whether you want them or not), however, everything that can be customized is meant to be on a per character basis.

Sorry. :/

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
Okay thank you both for the help! Now, it seems I have to do this unbind to each character? Is there anyway to do it globally?
With the bindfile glitch, I doubt there is :-/

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »
Actually... yes. to make your life a small bit easier.

If you reset the key on one account, you can go into options, click the "keybinds" tab, and there should be two buttons, save and load. Save it on the current character and load it on the rest. REALIZE any custom binds that are made for specific characters will be lost.

I'm going to have to come up with a better way for that keybind to reset itself. because the current directions reloads your ENTIRE bind file... and since we're no longer aloud to use <> tag in our binds... setting them back will just give you a headache.
~Steinerd