Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1616 times)

schmaniel

• Underling
Help!
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:36:38 PM »
My name is Daniel and I played City of Heroes for over 6 months. I really loved the game and spent hours playing with my friends. I had 3 characters almost to level 50.

On friday afternoon I tried to log into my account to play with all of my friends, and I received a message that said a system administrator had blocked my account, which surprised me because I had never done anything to have my account blocked, I had never even said anything bad about anyone on the game, so what had I done? I emailed them several times and it took them 3 days to tell me that due to a Paypal error my account was "ineligible to be reactivated". No emails, no questions, no chances. Gone. All of my work gone. I have requested the details of this incident but have been ignored! Could this possibly happen to anyone? I paid for that game and they just deleted my account!

I need everyone to help me! They will not listen to just me, but with everyone's help maybe something can be done! Give me your support! Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:58:30 AM »
They don't delete accounts unless otherwise stated on their EULA, which iterates that deactivated accounts qualify for deletion as soon as 6 months from the transgressions.

If this is a billing dispute/issue, simply give them proof that the PayPal account is yours or that of kin... (if it isn't than they maintain the right to keep your account closed) and get off PayPal as soon as possible. If you have to load up one of those re-loadable credit cards to do it, than so be it.

If you used PayPal's virtual Credit Card services that would cause these issues... since the CCs are only good for a few purchases, 5 at the most before it's reached the spending limit and it will just read to their bank as fraud.

Avoid using PayPal for re-occurring payments.
~Steinerd

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
Re: Help!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:41:42 AM »
I know someone who this happened to also. Did you switch over to pay with PayPal? Talk to PayPal! They will sort it out, prove you are who you say you are and send you some kind of letter to forward to NCSoft.

Hope everything works out. My friend who this happened to is back in game, nothing is gone.
-T
(aka Ani)