Author Topic: Signature thing not working  (Read 7241 times)

Muad Dib

• Underling
Signature thing not working
« on: October 03, 2008, 03:00:45 AM »
Titan is tracking correctly and my public profile shows Im online but no matter what I do I cannot get the signature part of the Network to work.  Help?

ValkyrieRising

• Underling
Re: Signature thing not working
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 03:10:04 AM »
Small question to the TNT folks as a follow-up to this.  I was trying to help MD figure out the problem to no relief.  I did notice that for every person I know with a working sig, the user ID on the public profile and sig match.  This isn't the case for MD.  Is this possibly the problem?

Sharyd

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 03:13:21 AM »
Well, alot of the images for the sigs and avies are kind of off... SuckerPunch is playing with the subdomains and trying to map the images to link properly, just pay close attention to SP's posts. Might have the next urls to said images.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
Sharyd's right, Valkyrie is a good example, your Character Sig is pulling from the old Domain, and will most likely break upon being redirected to the new Domain.  Which means you'll have to recreate that Sig item in your CIT Account, and Post the new Code in your Profile here, deleting the current block.

Muad Dib, I thought I'd be able to correct yours by altering the URL manually, but that didn't work.  Your Images haven't been transfered to the new Domain so you're unable to make it work until SP can finish the transfers.

Muad Dib

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »
Any word on when those transfers would be finished? 

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »
What doesn't work about this?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:13:22 PM »
Well I was refering to the Character Badge Count ones, but also how Valkyrie has the old CGT URL in her Offline/Online Status Image.  I did not think Muad Dib had the new Links to display.

*Edit, nevermind, I'm slow, the Links mean nothing because those can be changed to the new Profile/Character ones, are that matter are the Image links, and those work fine.  I don't know why that was so hard, I'm slipping...

Muad Dib

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:55:22 PM »
What doesn't work about this?

What does not work is that when I am online with a character it does not change to reflect what character I am on.

Sharyd

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »
That might be your cache on your IE or FF, if you have either IE7 or FF3 you might want to turn of the cache... let me know if you would like me to post directions here on how to do so.

Cache stores images and such in a temp folder for seemingly quicker navigation. However, this hurts pages not marked with a "No-Cache" meta tag, which these sites will most likely not get since it is invalid by XHTML 1.+ Script standards, and we're all about compliance.

lol... did I confuse you yet?

(Getting rid of cache loads will slow down page loads...)

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 11:23:58 PM »
What does not work is that when I am online with a character it does not change to reflect what character I am on.

Are you on Vista?  HeroStats or TNT?  if TNT and Vista, did you read this thread?

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,630.0.html

Muad Dib

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 04:14:17 AM »
Nope, windows XP, never went to Vista, never will if I have any say about it.  I think I see where to turn off Cache in Firefox.  I'll try that and let you know.

Muad Dib

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »
That didnt do it. 

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 04:59:30 AM »
In the address bar, type "about:config"

Click the button "I'll be careful, I promise!"

filter for "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency"

0 - Check for a new version of a page once per session (a session starts when the first application window opens and ends when the last application window closes).

1 - Check for a new version every time a page is loaded.

2 - Never check for a new version - always load the page from cache.

3 - Check for a new version when the page is out of date. (Default)

You're going to want to set it to 1 or 0
~Steinerd

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 01:37:33 PM »
Nope, windows XP, never went to Vista, never will if I have any say about it.  I think I see where to turn off Cache in Firefox.  I'll try that and let you know.

It's not a cache issue.  You didn't say if you were using HS or TNT?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 02:12:39 PM »
I didn't think it mattered... .:shucks:. so sure it was cache... I HATE CACHE!!! KILL THE CACHE!!
~Steinerd

ValkyrieRising

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 08:25:36 PM »
Well I was refering to the Character Badge Count ones, but also how Valkyrie has the old CGT URL in her Offline/Online Status Image.  I did not think Muad Dib had the new Links to display.

*Edit, nevermind, I'm slow, the Links mean nothing because those can be changed to the new Profile/Character ones, are that matter are the Image links, and those work fine.  I don't know why that was so hard, I'm slipping...
Never got around to updating things here.  Several of us have been trying to help MD, and all of us aren't showing him online when he is, so definitely not a cache issue.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
If he's using HeroStats - there's no feedback if his login info for Titan is entered correctly or not.  That's the only thing I can think that would cause this.  Especially since (quite obviously from your current avatar), it's working for everyone else.

If it's TNT, then obviously he has to have entered the right info or else the app would never load.  Maybe he's using the wrong account or something? 

Muad Dib

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »
Sorry Sucker, forgot.  I am using TNT.  I dont have Herostats installed at all.  As far as I know Im using the right account, the one I used to sign up to the Network. 

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 03:07:51 PM »
TNT is loaded and you're Logged into it, CoH/V is online and you have a Toon Loaded, TNT shows you Online (correct?), visit CIT.cohtitan.com and Login,  your Character Roster shows said Character Online (correct?), all Public Profile Links show same thing, select the proper Codes from Avatar/Sig Pages and Paste them into Profile here, Offline Status never changes.

Basically, that's where we are at correct?  Sorry, just trying to summarize it to better understand where the issue lies, cause right now I can't think of anything.

ValkyrieRising

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »
Exactly correct.  His public profile shows him online but not the sigs/avatars.