Author Topic: Drop Down Menus  (Read 2081 times)

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
Drop Down Menus
« on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:43 PM »
Ok, this might be a weird one. :)

I can't seem to use the 'Badges' and 'My Account' menus that appear in the top-right after you login. When I mouse over the headings, I see a menu appear, but if I move the mouse pointer down, it leaves the menu heading's focus, and the menu disappears. This was happening with SeaMonkey 1.1.9 on Win2k, WinXP, and interestingly enough, Fedora Linux. Just as curious, when using the exact same browser on MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger), the menus work as expected.

And just to be sure my atypical choice of browsers was less of a contributing factor, I downloaded a clean Firefox 3.0.1 and got the same behaviour.

The one workaround I came up with is to click on the menu heading and drag the mouse pointer down. Then the menu stays up and I can select items from it.
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Drop Down Menus
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »
Taz had the same issue, but I've never been able to duplicate it across systems, OSes, or browsers. It's hard to troubleshoot when I can't make it happen.  :-\

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Drop Down Menus
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »
My finding of this issue, I believe, is solely because of my FF being the Portable Application on my Flash drive.  Only because I have IE, FF and Opera (all of which are pulled from several machines, 5 total Computers wherein I use 1, 2 or all 3 on each Browser) and never once hace encountered that again, only on the Portable one.

My workaround is exactly what you tried and saw work.  I cannot figure out why it's happening and no one else on the TN Team can replicate it :P.