Author Topic: Marvel's Avengers - The Definitive Edition  (Read 3540 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Marvel's Avengers - The Definitive Edition
« on: September 16, 2023, 09:05:24 PM »
Man what is up with the shutdowns. DC Legends is shutting down and I just saw the notice on Steam that the subject title is shutting down.

DC Legends (good mobile game!) is going to poof when they shut the doors on Halloween.

For the people that own a copy of Marvel Avengers TDE (PC), the devs and support are going away but the server is staying up. There is also a note about
The Marketplace has been unlocked!
but I don't know How unlocked..
What does this mean?

Nearly all MCU- and non-MCU-inspired Outfits, Emotes, Takedowns, and Nameplates are now automatically available on your Hero Card.
Whatever that means! I don't think you can spend any money with them after the shutdown due to they converted everyone's positive balances with them into in-game currencies (I think it was).

Anyway, I never played the game but the graphics in the videos look sweet and they have the game marked down to 4 bucks on Steam until the end of September. The only way to be able to download the game from Steam after the shutdown is if you already bought it. Apparently it can be played solo or multiplayer.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Marvel's Avengers - The Definitive Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 09:57:52 PM »
Dug up a couple YouTube videos that were made after the shutdown announcement and final patch and everything in the store was made free. They have a lot of gameplay video and commentary on the good and bad. The second one is kinda long..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTVOcd7hraY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccrPJU26y4U

I'm leaning towards grabbing it just due to it's 4 bucks and has amazing Marvel universe graphics and video. (Did I read they lost hundreds of millions of dollars on this game..?) The system requirements look pretty forgiving, too.

The single player campaign thing and store unlock sounds worth the price of admission. Am hoping the multiplayer play isn't so glitchy that it totally ruins it.

Looks like a lengthy download..!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 01:41:25 PM »
It's a very big download, which i now have to do a second time. I installed and chose what looked to be the single player story which put me on a glitchy shield carrier as iron man. after floundering around for 5 minutes looking for the tutorial area i found it and proceeded to be bored to tears by the tutorial which just kept going. I decided just to watch the story on yoobs and uninstalled. Cut to me watching the yoobs and i evidently selected the wrong game mode, as the intro/tutorial on there was really well done and organic. Turns out the mode i was in was some jump right into endgame or something (which makes one wonder why it had a tutorial, but who knows).

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 10:28:13 PM »
First of all I think I need to un-signup for notifications and signup again.. think I got dropped off of the list at some point awhile back..

Dang I missed getting this game. Totally forgot about it somehow. First thing was I started playing this new to me mobile game that actually managed to suck me in to replace DC Legends that is going away and then DC Legends decided to basically toss the doors open in the store, threw in a bunch of new skins and about(?) everything you can obtain in the game - if you run out of the in-game currency needed to buy things they're selling 25k for the price of 1 to make sure you have all you need to get whatever hero you want and gear them to max. So I got distracted! And I didn't get a notification from your post.

So when you went back and played from the beginning instead of hitting the Go to Endgame button was it any fun? I read good reviews on Steam about the game up until multiplayer play. Then the complaints about glitches start. For 4 bucks I mostly wanted to see a game with such great looking Marvel models and capable of losing hundreds of millions of dollars, and, people were saying the combat in the single player campaign is fun and that the campaign was nicely done. Kicking myself for forgetting this game!

Some Faves:

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 06:34:03 PM »
Haven't reinstalled yet. in the middle of lego dc supervillains so that'll take a while

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 08:35:11 PM »
Gonna miss DC Legends on mobile... It was the perfect bathroom companion. Never played the game outside those walls. Now they're giving everything away in the store for free (tons and tons of heroes and skins) but I've already found a replacement game so I barely log in to enjoy the stuff. So much good art/models in that game. Shame to see it all poof. It's a WB Games game, too.

Edit - Due to how they captured the DC character art in DC Legends, WB Games (also publishes Lego DC Supervillains) has my respect! It's a money grab with zero competitive integrity like every other mobile game I've tried so far but they captured the DC characters really nicely I thought.

Edit edit - I've seen every Lego comic book cartoon on Netflix hehe. They're not bad!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:01:47 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 02:35:01 AM »
Reinstalled Avengers and am liking it pretty well playing the campaign instead of whatever i got into last time. It's flawed but cool and suitably cinematic. A couple things that bother me are they decided that 'toggling on' sprint means you run until you jump and land and then have to toggle it on again (with the screen telling you so if it's necessary for what you're doing). Seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of what 'toggle' means. The other is that I keep getting alerts that better gear is available every two seconds but there doesn't seem to be an auto-equip better gear setting. It might be that I'm just too early on and that there's gear later you might want to keep on at a lower level but it's not shown up yet so seems an odd choice.

Generally the controls are pretty bad, but I've played worse.