Author Topic: New Look to the website  (Read 7531 times)

Orangeblooded

• Underling
New Look to the website
« on: July 18, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »
I like the new look. Great job! And glad to see the new City Info Tracker area - it has been missed. Keep up the great work and the wait was worth it!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: New Look to the website
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
Thank you!

We do apologize for the long wait, but it was the best we could do given the circumstances.

All the Functionality and still more items we've got in the works, are ...well, in the works.  Stay Tuned! :P

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
We hope to get TNT up to par sometime next week.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
The CIT site isn't quite ready for primetime yet, so expect some oddities and such for the next few hours.

We intend to roll out as many features as fast as possible to get it back on level with the original versions, but in the interest of releasing something, we went with a pared down version.

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 05:16:57 PM »
The CIT site isn't quite ready for primetime yet, so expect some oddities and such for the next few hours.

We intend to roll out as many features as fast as possible to get it back on level with the original versions, but in the interest of releasing something, we went with a pared down version.

From the time CGT was born, and especially after pudds handed us the reins, we've really discussed merging the sites. We figured in light of all of the recent problems, there would be no better time. So, why not right? =]
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »
Hurray! Great job on your triumphant return! ;D

*raises a glass*

Cheers!

--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »
The new CIT and Titan front pages look fabulous. :]
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Shorts

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »
Very slick look. I always thought the two site should merge since they were so close in functionality.
I'm looking forward to seeing the site evolve with more functionality. Just don't rush it. Those who can't wait aren't worthy anyway.  ;D

I've noticed a few oddities though (surprise, surprise ;)) in my account settings. I want to change a few things, hit update, and it says it was successful. But nothing is actually changed. No big deal, I'm sure you're already on top of it.
Excreta ergo sum.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
I've changed my Server Region a few times and Hide either of the 2 Hide/Visible options seperately a few times.  They all worked for me, what Browser are you using?

Shorts

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
IE7
Excreta ergo sum.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »
Yup, fair enough, it's not working now, >_<.  We'll fix it :P, thanks for finding that!

Shorts

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »
What browser are you using, since it works for you?

I know it's a Royal Pain (TM) to make a site work with all browsers or even the most used ones. Kudos to you that actually make it happen anyway.  :)
Excreta ergo sum.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 02:22:08 PM »
I mainly use FF2 and IE6 / 7, and even though the Dropdown Links don't work properly in IE6, the Page Addresses still do.  So I've tested it with all three, pre-release, and they all worked from what I could tell.  However, the Release that we Launched is a little different from the Version we all tested internally.  So it must've been part of the coding that was removed for release.

I cannot say for sure, but that's the scenerio I'm coming up with.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 05:21:50 PM »
i recommend upgrading to FF3 ...
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Zombieman

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
Just a comment... From a web developer point of view IE7 is exceptionally lazy when it comes to dynamically generated web pages. Well dynamically generated anything really. If it thinks there's even a remote chance the page content is the same it will use a previously cached version.

So far I know this applies to web pages, AJAX style XML requests, and worst of all browsing FTP sites. Personally I'm fed up with putting in safeguards just for Internet Explorer browsers, but sadly I don't think this will be changing any time soon. :(

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »
Just a comment... From a web developer point of view IE7 is exceptionally lazy when it comes to dynamically generated web pages. Well dynamically generated anything really. If it thinks there's even a remote chance the page content is the same it will use a previously cached version.

So far I know this applies to web pages, AJAX style XML requests, and worst of all browsing FTP sites. Personally I'm fed up with putting in safeguards just for Internet Explorer browsers, but sadly I don't think this will be changing any time soon. :(

IE 8 is suppose to take care of a lot of this correct?
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Zombieman

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »
IE 8 is suppose to take care of a lot of this correct?

IIRC, yes IE 8 is meant to fix a lot of things that IE 7 broke, but not sure exactly what right now. In the meantime there's nothing like a decent set of HTTP headers saying don't cache me and by the way this page expires in 1989 :roll: (or some other date in the past)

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:44 AM »
Just thought I'd mention that your link to HeroStats under "Support Our Friends" on the main Titan page is pointing to the wrong place. :)
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
It's on the list :P.