Author Topic: Star Trek Fleet Command  (Read 7305 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Star Trek Fleet Command
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2022, 12:43:22 AM »
I have no reason to believe that the content cut years ago from STO, which is already bulging with content, is going to come back. All games cut old content if they're around long enough and I can never remember a time when it came back. I have no idea why you think it would.

Try playing STFC and realize how good you had it in STO.

I can't even play STFC today due to my best ship is tethered to a sun and the only way to correct the issue is through support. The last time I contacted support it was a months long process ending in no resolution. There's an event going on right now that I had expected to really help with my game progression that is ticking away the minutes until it's over. That, is STFC. If you had problems with how STO handled their customers you'd never make it in STFC.

Oh! And when you send in a request for support? There's no confirmation. There's no way to look at your support ticket. I can wait for weeks for a reply without even knowing if they got the message.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:11:15 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2022, 04:20:24 PM »
Day 2 with no reply at all from customer support - not even a confirmation they got my request - as I watch the Halloween events come and go.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2022, 05:59:54 PM »
Day 3... No support on weekends..? I mean who plays on weekends during holiday events right?

Seeing as how Thursday I was getting long awaited rewards from playing and planning and had a little great RNG and timing (that I have yet to enjoy the fruits of..), such as major ship and crew upgrades and blueprints for a new ship that I levelled up on my account (you don't have characters), just in the nick of time to be eligible for when the event rolls around which it did this weekend, I'm inclined to not stop playing.

But events in this game last 1 day on average and some special events like now don't show up but once or twice a year. Combine that with a buggy game and support who gets back to you who knows when. Bad combo. Russian Roulette. This is what gives bad customer support the power to make a person consider quitting.

To keep me in this game it's gonna have to be a Christmas miracle or something close to it (for the record I DID ask gamer Santa plz keep me in the game...) and I can't imagine their support will come up with such a thing - but I can imagine them getting back to me ~ Christmas and me quitting the game long before. Sadly.

~~~

I thought about it some more and I reallllly do want to play with my new toys at least once and get some more new toys too...  I don't wanna quit.

There is one thing I don't miss, though. Honestly. And that, is, playing with so many angry people. I haven't had so many friends or conversations in a game since CoH but on the flipside of that - there are so many angry people too. Not just talking smack as they pvp but genuinely angry/annoyed people. A person who I talk to daily turned into one of those in the 'war' going on now so it's not just angry people angry by nature it's people who's buttons get pushed by the frustrations of STFC pvp wars when all the rules of engagement go out the window. I focus more on the numbers and crews and progression and have more friends in-game than a long time but I do have to play with a lot of genuinely angry and frustrated people and that part of the game I don't miss.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 07:56:16 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 06:52:38 AM »
Still no contact from customer support on the stuck ship. In 2 days a server vs. server pvp event starts. I have to move my base to a designated area before it starts otherwise shields for it will automatically drop when the other server arrives and Open Season starts. Can't move my base until I can dock all ships.

So I missed out on the Halloween events and in 2 days I'm wide open to whoever wants to clean me out because my best ship and crew are stuck to a sun and I can't get any kind of reply from customer support to unstick it since 4 days now.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2022, 04:53:00 PM »
Now, Angel, which is worse... having 3,000 mishes to run instead of 3,020.. or not being able to play at all. Oh wait that's not a fair comparison due to STO added a HUNDRED NEW mishes since they tossed those old musty 20..

(Numbers aren't accurate but close enough)..

:P
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2023, 08:41:54 PM »
I kick myself every day I still play this game.

Some Faves:

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2023, 10:18:17 PM »
That made me laugh.

I've played a couple of games like that.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2023, 09:19:54 PM »
Finally had to give this game up.

I became disgusted with the whole playing model and decided that I didn't want to support it anymore due to it is wrong. Dunno what took me so long to get to this point. Think it was because I didn't expect that from a Star Trek game. I've always been pretty happy with Trek games.

STFC preys on people who are willing to spend completely unreasonable amounts of cash to 'win'. We are talking hundreds or even thousands of dollars... in an average week or maybe even in a day. On a regular basis. You have no chance whatsoever to be in the top 5% of this game without spending more than what most people spend on house payments. This game just isn't that good.. No game is..

It was the tedious progression with tedious tasks that just kept piling up with their short timers that originally turned me off and then I was like, what am I doing all this for anyway? I have no chance to be competitive in this game anyway. And I don't want to support it by being a part of it because what they are doing is wrong. The increasing requirements of time to do tedious tasks on short timers as one progresses is wrong and selling wins is wrong - selling them for SO much is very very wrong.

Some Faves: