Author Topic: Moon Knight series  (Read 3384 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Moon Knight series
« on: January 20, 2022, 09:24:46 AM »
I am almost completely unfamiliar with this character.  I find myself intrigued by this trailer, but have no clue if it's remotely faithful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Krla_UxRg
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Moon Knight series
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 04:35:52 AM »
I hope the first episode's tact of skipping all the good stuff doesn't continue as the series moves forward.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 04:38:56 AM »
The first episode literally covered just about everything I know about the character.  Looking forward to seeing where the next five episodes go.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 04:42:52 AM »
Khonshu's voice reminds me too much of Tom Hardy's Venom.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 09:03:25 PM »
I like what I've seen thus far. I hope they can stick the landing, Marvel's iffy about that.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 08:23:47 AM »
Hate hate hate it. That is all.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 03:02:29 AM »
Episode 3 went back to annoying jump cuts.  The whole Marc and Stephen situation is tugging on vague memories I have about Ba and Ka from White Wolf's Mummy RPG.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 05:38:32 AM »
I need to make myself a GIF of the last shot in episode 4.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 07:07:51 AM »
The hippo goddess with its cheery demeanor gave me strong Kabae-from-Aggretsuko vibes.

Also, I looked away for a minute in the beginning.  Was I imagining that was Phil Coulson when I looked back up?  There was a guy in a suit standing in front of a wall full of lit alcoves with Egyptian statuettes in them, then he turned and walked away.  It was kinda shadowy.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 10:59:27 PM »
Was I imagining that was Phil Coulson when I looked back up?
That was Osiris's avatar.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 06:51:18 AM »
Urg.  There were things I liked about this series, but it overused the skip-past-large-sections-of-action gimmick.  Usually rendering scenes either confusing or anti-climatic.  And it ended rather lamely.