Community > Comics and Other Media

I.. Have.. The Power (to watch more new He-Man on Netflix)

(1/2) > >>

Xev:
I really liked the last thing Netflix had on He-Man, oddly. Now they have a new series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe with a TV-Y7 rating (which I assume translates its for small children). Well, I don't know why I watched the first He-Man thing and I was even more skeptical about this one due to it's below the age level of something I expect to seriously enjoy.

HM&tMotU starts out with traditional kiddyized art for its targeted audience and I was thinking "yeah, I won't make it through this"..

But then it happened again and I watched He-Man again for the second time since forever and.. was surprised how much I liked it. The art is very well done. The action is great. The dialog works. The story moves right along. There were no famous names I recognized doing voice except maybe Fred Tattoos-scolari (SP) who actually not only gets to do the voice of a non-monster, but, he is the only prominent normal human type character, and, he's the King. Seems like he was due a role like that so hats off to him for doing it well.

Anyway, yeah.. Another surprise from He-Man and Netflix. Great cartoon. I woulda liked it as a kid too I think.

I dunno why I'm watching He-Man and I dunno why I'm watching TV-Y7 stuff but there ya go. Good is good and this is good.

Tenzhi:
I just got through the first episode and I don't like or hate it yet overall.  I'm slightly curious about where the story will go.  I'm not keen on Man-at-Arms being a kid (making a presumption about Duncan here).  I don't like the style for an animated series, but it might be okay for a video game.  And I'm not sure if Krass is a new character, one I'm unfamiliar with, or if they made Ram-Man a girl.

Tenzhi:
Ugh... "Ram Ma'am"...  "We have the power"...  so painfully bad...

But the action has been decent, and the animation surprisingly fluid.  Skeletor is amusing.  And the joke with Trapjaw's reaction to seeing Skeletor naked was unexpected.

This show keeps pulling me in both directions.

Xev:
You know what, I went to queue up some (new, recently seen, has famouser voice actors...) He-Man: Revelations for my earbuds to get me through some outdoors chores and I was like.. "I liked this?"

It seemed boring next to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!

Not just the action and the animation but the dialog was boring in comparison. I even like the not-Mark Hamill Skeletor better and I rly liked the Mark Hamill Skeletor.

I think they took an odd route with Orko, and, I don't get the whole bit with fighting over ram-ma'ams helmet for outhouse privileges and why it was important to include that... but otherwise, yeah, good stuff. Good Saturday/Sunday morning cartoon right down to the theme song and intro. hehe..

Yeah I said all that and meant it. lol.. that's what's funny.

Tenzhi:
I agree about Skeletor.  Hamill's Skeletor was too serious, plus we really didn't get enough of him (and the seriousness could turn out to be more compelling if we had more to go on).  The other Skeletor was, like, channeling a self-aware Cobra Commander.  He was the perfect balance of zany and malevolent.  I have very mixed opinions about the rest of it, but it deserves props for Skeletor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version