Community > Comics and Other Media

By the power of Netflix!

(1/5) > >>

Xev:
I'm gonna have to give Masters of the Universe: Revelation a thumbs up.

~~~
Oh hey I just noticed Mark Hamill is the voice of Skeletor.

Tenzhi:
I immediately recognized his voice in the trailer.  And Buffy as Teela.

It's also apparently done by the same studio that did Castlevania.

Season 1 has allegedly been broken up into two parts, so episode 5 is a sort of mid-season cliffhanger. 

I've enjoyed it so far.  My favourite character was always Orko and he got some great moments.  I suspect he will have more.

HalcyonS:
I admit I used to HATE Orko as a kid, but they did a really good job making me feel for him and like him in this series.

That being said, while I like the show, the tone of the show seems to jump around a lot where it's going for a cheezy kid show, then getting real dark real fast.

Xev:
I like Mark Hamill more now than when every second or third TV ad was about that movie he was in in the 70's. Thought he was a really good bad guy in the episodes of the Flash I saw him in too. As Skeletor it's like he's even less shackled to reality and takes that persona to the next level.

The most memorable thing to me about original He-Man is that it came on before Thundercats and I used to watch it with my roommate.

This version has great art and characters and seems determined to be dramatic but still pretty much is... He-Man. Kiddy cartoon  : )

Oh that ending! Bad bad Skeletor.. Evil Lyn swapped sides pretty darn fast, huh. Maybe she was just trying to protect them.. or maybe not. If not she sure did switch sides easy lol. Or is she really on her OWN side.. dun dun dunn..

You know who I remember seeing the least of in this? HE-MAN! It was mostly Flea-Man, huh? They're saving him for later..

Tenzhi:
There's apparently been some drama among some fans about He-Man getting sidelined.  I expected it due to the title.  Hopefully before the end we get at least one moment where He-Man runs, stops, looks both ways, and runs again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version