Author Topic: Netflix Jupiter's Legacy  (Read 4124 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Netflix Jupiter's Legacy
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:35:31 PM »
This is apparently a Mark Millar story I'd never heard of.  I've only watched the first episode, but so far it has a sort of cheap look to it.  Trying to get the motivation worked up to continue.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

HalcyonS

• Boss
Re: Netflix Jupiter's Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:15:32 PM »
Overall I liked it, but yeah the budget seemed a bit oddly used as some parts looked cheap and others seemed really good. I admit I liked the 30's storyline the most, but I love pulpish stories so that was right up my alley.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 03:47:52 PM »
For a minute I thought the therapist was Terence Stamp.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 04:51:30 AM »
Powered through the rest of the first season and I like the story so far, but the season ends at a very unsatisfying place.  I like how it approaches some of the problems of superheroes without feeling the need to be shockingly gory or sexualized, or make everyone into unlikable jerks.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 03:17:58 AM »
Sadly the series is dead with just one season. :(

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 08:21:02 AM »
That's why I hate when these new series don't give us a satisfying story arc.  Like that Sweet Tooth series, which is also apparently based on a comic or graphic novel.  It ended with everything gone to heck.  Who knows if we'll get any closure there?

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 11:15:22 PM »
Sadly the series is dead with just one season. :(

Does that mean they're going to have just one season?

Finally got around to watching this today. I thought it was the best thing I've sat down to watch in awhile. Season 1 flew by.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 07:47:06 PM »
Something is wrong with my forum notifications because I'm not getting any post updates mailed to me since awhile. I'm gonna have to check my settings.

Well, huh. That news sucks!

Overall I liked it, but yeah the budget seemed a bit oddly used as some parts looked cheap and others seemed really good.

Good eye. Looks like we know why, now.

~~~
Figured out the notifications problem.. It was on my side due to for some reason mail didn't want to tell me new msgs were in the Titan folder. Until I actually looked in it. Then it popped the unread number right up for me.. It's been a gremliny summer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:01:55 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 02:25:46 AM »
It's a shame, I guess I can pick up the comics but still I'd have rather have had it on Netflix.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 10:06:11 PM »
Watched this again today and man it sucks that they cancelled it! I wanna see more! Such a great story and characters and luv the action.

Some Faves:

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2022, 11:55:27 PM »
Did you try Supercrooks? Animated series in the same universe. I liked it a bit better than Jupiter's Legacy.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 11:27:33 PM »
Luckily Supercrooks is still on Netflix. I just now got the tip! Added to list..
Some Faves: