Author Topic: Amazon's Invincible  (Read 3666 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Amazon's Invincible
« on: March 26, 2021, 09:45:29 PM »
I'm not familiar with the comic, so I don't know how it compares, but three episodes in I'm enjoying it.  The animation is decent, and there's some good voice talent.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Re: Amazon's Invincible
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 05:01:05 AM »
I agree. I'm also not familiar with comics but, I'm really enjoying the show so far. It reminds me of The Boys a little bit but, animated.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 09:38:39 AM »
I expect this is going to be a relatively short series, and with that expectation I'm beginning to feel like it's on the verge of having too many plot threads to satisfactorily resolve.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 10:49:18 PM »
They have about 18 years (and counting) of comics to draw from so there's plenty of material to last for a while.

And with Kirkman involved, I'm guessing the plot is going to start wandering around aimlessly at some point (ala The Walking Dead).  I'm enjoying it right now, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 03:33:40 AM »
I've only read some of the side stories in the world and a couple of the Invincible comics, but yeah this has been really enjoyable so far.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 09:13:34 AM »
Amazon just popped the first three volumes of Invincible into Prime Reading until May 4, so now I get a little chance to read and compare.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 09:23:19 AM »
Well, I can say the animated series follows some of the story closely enough that it got jumbled up with the comic in my head while I was reading.  There are a couple of characters that got hit with the diversity stick, one of which made a line in the comic funny.  The change to the girlfriend is an improvement from what little I got to see of her in those first three volumes.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »
Jesus Christ, Omniman is the most sadistic villain I've ever seen in my life. I owe Homelander an apology. My God....  >:(

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 05:52:43 AM »
I think Omniman may have developed a tiny capacity for remorse and maybe even love, though.  If nothing else, at least he's more dignified than Homelander.