Author Topic: Justice Society vs. Nazis  (Read 2259 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Justice Society vs. Nazis
« on: February 04, 2021, 09:47:04 AM »
Animation looks iffy in spots, but colour me interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14I0DejYo54
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Justice Society vs. Nazis
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:18:48 AM »
When exactly did the JSA become the JS anyway, and, whatever happened to the JLA, and, if they were around today would they be just the JL.

So many questions from a 2 minute video.

I think anything that's decent that keeps the old stuff alive is at the least a good idea. This JSA thing looks decent.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 03:05:03 AM »
The Flash from the future is likely part of the Justice League, which would typically be around "today" but not back in WW2.

The question for me is why the Flash is going back in time.  The answer to that is possibly tied up with where the Justice Society is "today".
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 07:37:24 AM »
They're still called the JSA in the comical booklets. The league is the JL but since the late 80s there's periodically been a specific justice league of america. And depending on which point in the 'continuity' you're reading they're either still around but really old, around again and older but still operating, around but on a different earth, or even not around at all and unheard of if naked blue guys are messing with things.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:31:29 PM »
That was enjoyable, though the animation wasn't always great.  I think I spotted a classic Fantastic Four story.  The main plot wasn't what I was expecting.  And they managed a full hour and a half.  Ultimately I think it was worth the rental.