Author Topic: Original trailer  (Read 3027 times)

ricochet

• Underling
Original trailer
« on: November 28, 2020, 01:47:25 AM »
Question:

This is coming up because back on the live forum, I had a guide I'd written up with a guide to the original trailer. The link I used there (which went to ftp.coh.com) is dead - it goes to the NCSoft west page.

HOWEVER. I did find the actual original trailer (in its 640x480 glory.)

Given they did have this publicly available for download, *is it all right to load this file onto the Wiki and link to/create a page for it,* or would it somehow still be considered "property of NCSoft" and potentially cause issues with them?  (the file itself can still be found - searching on coh_640x480.wmv - and I'm sure people have their own copies. As mentioned, it was available to the public on ftp://ftp.coh.com/movies for years.)

I feel this is something that should definitely be archived as part of the Wiki as it's part of the game history, showing its early development and be available for people to see again.

(Edit: I've put it up on Youtube, as well, both to archive it and see if anything happens. No links to anyone, just sitting on my channel. Given there are other (official, not fan made) trailers there, including a short update 1 trailer, I'm *guessing* that it'll be fine...but we will see.)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 02:33:19 AM by ricochet »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Original trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 07:14:53 PM »
Out of respect for NCSoft's copyright, I'm going to ask that you not upload the trailer to Paragon Wiki directly. However, you are welcome to link to the copy on YouTube unless it gets taken down.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 11:23:16 PM »
I'd caution even the YT as you may risk a DMCA smack.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »
There is also this YouTube channel that went up shortly after shutdown, collecting all the official trailers, issue updates, interviews, and more.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CoHVideoArchive