Author Topic: The Flash season 6  (Read 34545 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Flash, season 6
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 08:36:56 PM »
I've been having this nagging suspicion, given that this show likes to do this kind of thing, that the Monitor might actually turn out to be the Anti-Monitor - maybe that Barry is vital to stopping the Crisis, so the Anti-Monitor is convincing him that he has to die to stop it, or something like that. I'm not sure how it would work, given Barry's peek into the future, but I still have that fake-Monitor suspicion.

As for Arrow, I gave up on it a season or two ago. I got tired of the melodrama - when Oliver wasn't having relationship problems with Felicity, he was having them with the rest of the team. I can only take so much soap opera.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash season 6
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 10:52:46 PM »
I love how people who aren't me are able to distinguish between these iterations of smallville

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 05:14:52 AM »
I love how people who aren't me are able to distinguish between these iterations of smallville

It's easy to tell Smallville from the rest.  It's the one with Lana Witch and Flash Luthor.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 05:22:26 AM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
BTW i know several folks gave up on arrow but it's where most of the actual crisis work is getting done. and last couple seasons it's been less terrible than flash, which is faint praise, but still.

I'm torn on it right now. The Crisis stuff is good but I really hate the future kids. And to think they are probably spinning them off into their own show. It means there could actually be an Arrowverse show I refuse to watch.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
Faith.  Faith faith faith.  Faith?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash, season 6
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 03:46:46 PM »
I've been having this nagging suspicion, given that this show likes to do this kind of thing, that the Monitor might actually turn out to be the Anti-Monitor - maybe that Barry is vital to stopping the Crisis, so the Anti-Monitor is convincing him that he has to die to stop it, or something like that. I'm not sure how it would work, given Barry's peek into the future, but I still have that fake-Monitor suspicion.

As for Arrow, I gave up on it a season or two ago. I got tired of the melodrama - when Oliver wasn't having relationship problems with Felicity, he was having them with the rest of the team. I can only take so much soap opera.

I'm with you Super. I stop watching Arrow after season 5.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 05:07:05 AM »
"one of a kind Victoria Vale dress"  :D

Apparently she's not a photographer on this Earth.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2019, 10:20:48 PM »
1) I really don't think that you get the police department's highest honor merely for the diligent performance of your duties - which is all that the public knows that Barry has done..
2) I'd bet big money that the public (and, certainly, the press) cried "Fraud!" and "Nepotism!" when it was revealed that Barry is the captain's adopted son.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2019, 04:30:05 AM »
In 6x07, when Caitlin administered naproxen sodium to Barry intravenously: did they really think that none of us had heard of it, or that none of us would look it up and find out that it's just the pain medication Aleve? Rookie mistake, guys.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2019, 06:44:52 AM »
Aleve is a brand name of it, but it exists and is used generically for pain relief and fever reduction.  Not seeing the mistake...

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2019, 12:05:41 AM »
Aleve is a brand name of it, but it exists and is used generically for pain relief and fever reduction.  Not seeing the mistake...

It is used in injection form but generally for headache or joint problems.  I suppose it would be a good fast delivery method for fevers too. At least the reference isn't as bad as Caitlin not knowing what a singularity is.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2019, 05:40:43 AM »
I mean, the real problem is probably the dosage.  If he can't get drunk on copious amounts of normal alcohol, then normal doses of many medicines should probably have little to no effect on him. 

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
I mean, the real problem is probably the dosage.  If he can't get drunk on copious amounts of normal alcohol, then normal doses of many medicines should probably have little to no effect on him.

You actually have a good point there.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
Quick, shine that on the direct center of this city map i have up, then the villain's warehouse must be at the center of the image!

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 08:47:02 PM »
Quick, shine that on the direct center of this city map i have up, then the villain's warehouse must be at the center of the image!
Yep, now we can and "maps" to the list of things Hollywood writers don't understand how they work.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2020, 10:13:34 PM »
Breaking News!: Hartley Sawyer who plays Elongated Man has been fired from The Flash for Season 7.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-flash-hartley-sawyer-fired-racist-tweets-1234627876/

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 12:17:13 AM »
That's dumb.  The tweets mentioned in the article aren't even particularly shocking, much less something to be fired over.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2020, 02:27:44 AM »
That's dumb.  The tweets mentioned in the article aren't even particularly shocking, much less something to be fired over.

Presumably those were the suitable to print ones.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2020, 07:18:16 AM »
Possibly, but it'd have to be worse than I can imagine for me to be shocked into thinking the people behind this aren't just hypersensitive twits.