Author Topic: The Flash season 6  (Read 34546 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
The Flash season 6
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »
The music was a bit much.

Every time I see Dr. Suresh from Heroes I instantly think "villain."

Chunk is crunk.

I wonder if this will be the last season...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Flash season 6
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 05:05:03 PM »
Toward the end of last season, there were rumors that Carlos Valdes was leaving. Then, this season, he's still there, but, in the premiere, they introduce another non-Caucasian, off-the-wall tech genius, who, conveniently, will be hanging around for a few weeks. I'm wondering if Carlos is leaving anyway.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »
I really have to commend Grant Gustin. After just one or two seasons of playing a role like the Doctor, a superhero, etc., a lot of actors will get impatient with the job, and will want to "get back to doing serious roles". But Gustin seems to be putting as much energy into playing The Flash, and seems to be enjoying it as much, as when he started.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:26:57 AM »

You die, you die in a fire! :p

More seriously I guess I can see it but it made me literally laugh out loud and wake up my cat.

That being said I agree with seeing "Dr. Suresh" but we'll have to see based on what happened in the 2nd episode.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »
Don't get me wrong..  I laughed, too.  Indeed, I love the song itself.  But good gravy that moment was almost too cheesy to exist.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 01:48:55 AM »
Don't get me wrong..  I laughed, too.  Indeed, I love the song itself.  But good gravy that moment was almost too cheesy to exist.

Flash cheesy factor is not that far below Legends and that's great.  Flash without the cheese is like pizza without the cheese. Despite all the other great ingredients it just doesn't taste right.

Now thanks to your post combined with mine I'm craving pizza with good gravy.  Every Thanksgiving I make the leftovers into pizza with gravy instead of tomato sauce.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 02:52:13 AM »
Amusing little name drop with "Marv Perez"...

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 09:12:31 PM »
I think this season is better than last season in my opinion. At least we don't have to deal with Nora anymore thank god.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 03:07:56 AM »

Every time I see Dr. Suresh from Heroes I instantly think "villain."

Chunk is crunk.

I wonder if this will be the last season...

it doesn't help that..he did the exact same thing that Suresh did in Heroes.

also..FLASH..AAAAHHHHHHAAAAA

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 07:38:08 AM »
BTW i know several folks gave up on arrow but it's where most of the actual crisis work is getting done. and last couple seasons it's been less terrible than flash, which is faint praise, but still.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »
also..FLASH..AAAAHHHHHHAAAAA

King of the impossible! (Brian May guitar riff!)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 08:39:38 PM »
BTW i know several folks gave up on arrow but it's where most of the actual crisis work is getting done. and last couple seasons it's been less terrible than flash, which is faint praise, but still.

Honestly, I thought it was done.  The end of last season seemed pretty final.  I figured all that was left for Arrow was for Ollie to show up in the Crisis.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 10:45:05 PM »
Honestly, I thought it was done.  The end of last season seemed pretty final.  I figured all that was left for Arrow was for Ollie to show up in the Crisis.
It's a very abbreviated season.  They're setting up Crisis as the series finale.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 01:19:46 AM »

It hasn't been quite as meh as Arrow has been the past few years. There is no Felicity in it at all so far.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 01:15:08 AM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 05:56:15 AM »
If you like DC cheese, then Legends of Tomorrow is the best of the lot, I'd say.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 07:23:23 AM »
If you like DC cheese, then Legends of Tomorrow is the best of the lot, I'd say.

Legends is just the best in general, Beebo wants hugs!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 06:51:08 PM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:59:50 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 05:59:54 AM »
If you weren't familiar with Hawkgirl I have to assume you completely missed out on the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series.  The various Timmverse DC animated series are arguably the best screen versions of the DC Universe.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 03:35:38 PM »
I remember Justice League of America, from, like... the early 70's? And I remember Hawkman in the comics but he was always just kinda there. I can't remember getting any actual Hawkman comics but I might have. I had lots of #1's and worked in my parents fish store after school that was next to a place that sold comic books which I bought many of and I bought (I forget the name of them) books that said how much my books were worth - at the time, they were literally doubling in value for a couple of years or so in a row and then my collection got stolen and I never bought another comic or looked at prices. For my memory (remembering this much about it), this is pretty good.

I'll check out the new (?) Justice League incarnations. Always liked Justice League, although, in the department of cheese, I remember them being pretty ultra cheesy next to the 'real' thing. But still, hey, there wasn't much comic book TV so it was a must see.

I actually don't think about my comics much anymore and so, ya know, ya forget stuff. It's really great having so much good stuff to watch now, though. Go go Netflix.

~~

OK so I IMDB'd Justice League and see a ton more stuff I didn't know about. I did see Aquaman mentioned here, before, for example, but had forgotten about it.

There must have been some major superhero craze that started ~ the time I.. fell in a well. I never remember seeing so much superhero stuff to watch.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 07:48:04 PM by Xev »
Some Faves: