Author Topic: Windows 10..  (Read 3787 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Windows 10..
« on: July 24, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Windows 10..
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 07:37:29 PM »
Windows 10 is kinda interesting, in that, it's got a little bit of good old, old, school.

I just imaged Windows 10, with, Windows 10. No additional software needed. When I was a tech in the early 90's, disk imaging/ghosting was cutting edge. Now it's a Standard Windows Program.. Don't ask me how easy the image will be to use if I ever need to, but, I have one.  Just can't beat a good image of a clean setup. We used them, fairly large scale, to setup new PC's and restore PC's back when most people didn't even know what a 'ghost' was.

I also really like Windows 10 Dark Mode.. as a Theme/Interface option. Dark mode takes things common in Windows, like File Manager, and replaces the blaring white background and little black text, with, nice dark screens that have *illuminated* text. This is what I call proper PC paper. Proper Paper Paper is white with dark text. A PC monitor on the other hand is like a (can be quite large...) flashlight shining into your face while you read the shadows on its face.. Back in the ollllllld days, it was very common to have dark screens with colored text. When I was programming, then, I used different colored text to make themes when possible - kinda like nowadays when you see blue and underline when you're online you know there's a Link there.

Anyway, yay.

That's more Windows 10 for ya. Ya just can't get that in 7. Or any other version except 286/386 for the darker screens thing, as I recall, (I could be wrong, I could be thinking of Q-Windows, but I think this applies to MS Windows, too -), they had ascii type windows with darker than white screen backgrounds and brighter than black text in MS Windows 286/386.

So, yeah, can't get much more retro than that. Good retro. Both things.

And yeah, I know some people love white screens and black text. I'm just glad there's an option for less of them, now, for those of use who don't.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>