Author Topic: Get Sentinel+ Exporter working again ?  (Read 1542 times)

MREBoy

• Underling
  • EMPATHY 4 LYFE !
Get Sentinel+ Exporter working again ?
« on: June 09, 2019, 02:10:31 AM »

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Get Sentinel+ Exporter working again ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 03:09:54 AM »
Unfortunately, extending Sentinel+ to support unofficial servers won't be an option. Because of the fact that anyone is able to set up a hosting environment and make their own modifications to the game, there's no catch-all solution to support character extractions arbitrarily among the innumerable hosts that crop up as time goes on.

Titan Network staff discussed the matter internally back when this all started, and the position we reached was that Sentinel, Sentinel+ and City Info Tracker (as well as other things like Mids and City of Data) will remain deactivated until such a time that an official game host becomes a thing again. The reasoning is that we don't want to pick and choose who gets our support and who doesn't, so the only fair, practical and neutral solution is to cease support across the board.

I want to extend best-wishes to the members of Pleiades, and I hope a solution can be reached for archiving the character data produced there. For the rest going forward, I would like to urge that new and existing hosts implement some form of export feature in case of such a future shutdown.