Author Topic: Global window scaling command?  (Read 2158 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Global window scaling command?
« on: May 31, 2019, 08:23:06 PM »
Am I missing a global window scaling command - any command-line equivalent to manually moving the scale slider in Options?

There doesn't appear to be any version of "/windowscale all 1.5" or any option in the /optionset list that would address this. There's only /windowresetall, which resets the UI to original defaults (for tiny monitors of yore).

I'd like to be able to set a global value for window scale so that I can selectively override it with a bind string of specific window commands. I can - and presently do - use a bind string that simply lists and sets each window, but with a dozen windows open it can easily exceed the bind string limit. Since most of of my windows are one (nonstandard) scale, 125%, I'd like to be able to set/reset that value and just use three or four overrrides for smaller and larger windows.

But there doesn't appear to any way to set this global value from command. I'm sad.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
Re: Global window scaling command?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 09:02:58 PM »
From what I can glean from the slash command at paragonwiki.com and https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Window_scale_(Slash_Command), you may need to use a wdw save file to "globally" set each, and then adjust individually from there.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 09:08:54 PM »
From what I can glean from the slash command at paragonwiki.com and https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Window_scale_(Slash_Command), you may need to use a wdw save file to "globally" set each, and then adjust individually from there.
Right, got all that, thanks - I'm way past that point. /wdwsave is fine except that there are situations where you don't want to use /wdwload as the general reset for your UI. It's just a kind of sledgehammer, indirect method.

Using an alt-specific window file may be the only solution if you want a lot of windows set to custom sizes, thus exceeding a bind string length.

I'm just bemused that there's no "all" or options command to scale windows.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 07:52:56 PM »
I gave up. It's simpler to use the global and /windowscale and then /wdwsave and load. I do have it structured to save and load to alt-specific files so my various types can fine-tune, but it all starts with a generic save from a "perfect" setup and then load and tweak from there.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 12:29:21 AM »
I gave up. It's simpler to use the global and /windowscale and then /wdwsave and load. I do have it structured to save and load to alt-specific files so my various types can fine-tune, but it all starts with a generic save from a "perfect" setup and then load and tweak from there.

Yeah, I'm still tweaking mine alt-by-alt. Every time I think I have a perfect setup something pops up and then I Want to go back and redo it on the others (not happening in one sitting ever again).
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com