Author Topic: Mastermind pet emote issues  (Read 6127 times)

brescia3701

• Underling
Mastermind pet emote issues
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:01:04 AM »
Ok, I'll try to be as concise as possible.  Basically I am trying to make my Pets perform emotes

Basic command /petsay_all <em dance3>

All my pets can do this. So, now I set up some Macros
/macro DANCE "petsay_all <em dance3>"

sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.  The basic issue is sometimes it takes the GT and LT symbols and turns the into HTML code &lt; and &gt;.
When that happens you can't edit it better.  You have to destroy the macro and make a fresh one.

So, ultimately, I want to keybind these emote commands to the keyboard.
/bind Q "petsay_all <em dance3>"

then you just hit Q and the pets should dance.  Except that they don't... they just say in a speech bubble "<em dance3>".  When I download the keybind file, all the < and > symbols have been turned into HTML code.

Anyone see and/or overcome this issue?

I have lots of pet commands bound to keys that they perform great... just no emotes.

Thanks

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mastermind pet emote issues
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 02:49:09 AM »
related discussion

Basically, any time you put a '<' or '>' in the command line, the game will convert those to &lt; or &gt; before it processes what you entered.  That was done on purpose by the developers in I13.

Your best bet if you want to bind these to keys is to edit the bind directly in a .txt file and load the bind file, bypassing the command line.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

brescia3701

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 12:43:23 AM »
I must be doing something wrong.  I can go to the Options>keymapping and hit the red Reset Keybinds button... then I hit the Save to Default File button which saves a text file "keybinds.txt" to my hard drive.

One of the binds in this file is for F7.

F7 "say <color black><bgcolor #22aa22>Ready! $$ emote thumbsup"

I then hit the Load from Default File button **without changing anything in "keybinds.txt"** which loads that file back into the game. 
I hit the Save to Default File button again and open up "keybinds.txt" and this is what I have for F7

F7 "say &lt;color black&gt;&lt;bgcolor #22aa22&gt;Ready! $$ emote thumbsup"

Do I have a bad link to the game?  Do I need to set a "don't frick up my emotes" setting that is not set?

Thanks

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 05:48:20 AM »
I'm fairly certain that when you save out to a bind file, the game will change the '<' and '>' to &lt; and &gt; as it writes them into the file.  It doesn't change them as it reads them in from a bind file.  It's a weird little quirk.

So if you're saving your current binds out before modifying them and loading them back in, you'll have to do a search and replace to change those back to '<' and '>' before you load the binds back in.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

brescia3701

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »
You did catch the part when I said the first keybind file I downloaded (after resetting the keybinds) had all the symbols correct, right? 

I then uploaded it and then immediately downloaded it again and "< >" where change to "&lt; &gt;"

It kinda seems like it changes it during uploading and not during downloading.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:33:34 PM by brescia3701 »

brescia3701

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »
The other thing I noticed is that commands like color changes <color black><bgcolor #22aa22> still function when they look like this &lt;color black&gt;&lt;bgcolor #22aa22&gt; but the pet emotes do not. 

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 04:33:14 PM »
I checked before I posted.  Creating a new character without any custom binds, using /bindsavefile, and opening the newly created file, the color tags in the F7 bind were modified.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 06:07:26 PM »
Just to update this topic (I posted a variant question earlier), loading from a bindfile does NOT make pet emotes work. I tried both angle brackets and lt/gt codes. They 'say' the emote string.

ANY workaround for this? It's so odd it works in macros but not binds.

Fixed! Short form: use macros and call the macros with binds.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:12:25 PM by Shenanigunner »
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==