Author Topic: I honestly dont even know what to do first.  (Read 1919 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
I honestly dont even know what to do first.
« on: May 03, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »
First off it was super easy to get this going. I thought it would be a tough process but it wasn't at all.

I also love since its all free now we have access to everything that was normally only for people who subscribed or bought packages.

Of course if we had access to out old data I could go back to my 20 or so 50's and keep playing them.

But now I have to start over and I cant even decide what to do - so many choices.

I was going to recreate some of my old favorites but then I decided I already played them for 8 years and there a LOT more options now then as far as powers and playing good or evil in either city.
Plus Pratoria which I never bothered with when the game was live.

So I started making new toons similar to my old ones but switching up some power sets. This why I can try some new stuff.

I don't even remember there being so many power sets. I guess I stopped making new toons after a while so I never bothered to see what was new.

Its just amazing beyond words to be back playing again with actual people and doing just about everything as when the game was live.

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
Re: I honestly dont even know what to do first.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:50:16 AM »
Issue 24 added some new power sets and the added issue 25 may have added even more.  I have definitely recreated some of my old characters but have limited to just 3 characters for now.  Want to level them all to 50 before adding more.  Plus having lvl 50 toons helps to finance the newer ones.  Also they seem to have everything working now...Auction House, Super Group Registrar, Base Building.  Which by the way have added some cool new features and can make a base as big as you want, no influence restrictions anymore.  Welcome back to Paragon City!  May you level quickly!
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 11:47:13 AM »
Will there still be holiday events?

Those were run by the devs but if the code is there I guess its not that hard to turn them on and off.

And yeah - I made 4 toons for now (2 hero 2 villain) but am trying to stick with one to get to 50 to help the other ones, as you say.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 02:52:54 AM »
I recreated 4 of my old characters: one hero, one villain, and two Praetorians. However, I'm looking at it as a post-Crisis type of reset. For example, my main on the old servers was a MA/SR Scrapper. Now he's a SJ/WP Scrapper, which is more in line with my initial vision for him, but those powersets didn't exist when I first started.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »
I recreated 4 of my old characters: one hero, one villain, and two Praetorians. However, I'm looking at it as a post-Crisis type of reset. For example, my main on the old servers was a MA/SR Scrapper. Now he's a SJ/WP Scrapper, which is more in line with my initial vision for him, but those powersets didn't exist when I first started.

I did the same - the ones I remade have some different sets as they didn't exist when I made them the first time.

My story is like a double DC reboot - they first ended up in an alternate universe - DCU or Champions, but now some cosmic event recreated Paragon City and they are back there now for good. (I hope)

Surelle

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »
Yeah, I changed it up this time too, Doc.  :)

I thought I would feel compelled to recreate all my old 50 mains, but once in game, like you I started looking around at all the new powersets and costumes and decided to mix it up with all new toons instead.

I'm not as crazy about the Masterminds as I thought I'd be (never played with them much on live because they were villain-only for so long), but it feels great to have a small horde of brutes going.  I do have one 50 controller already, but she feels like she's from a bygone era.  It's villain-mania in Paragon these days....

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 02:08:45 PM »
Yeah, I changed it up this time too, Doc.  :)

I thought I would feel compelled to recreate all my old 50 mains, but once in game, like you I started looking around at all the new powersets and costumes and decided to mix it up with all new toons instead.

I'm not as crazy about the Masterminds as I thought I'd be (never played with them much on live because they were villain-only for so long), but it feels great to have a small horde of brutes going.  I do have one 50 controller already, but she feels like she's from a bygone era.  It's villain-mania in Paragon these days....

I find it a lot more fun now that you can use any powerset on a hero or villain and then also have them play in red or blue side.

Like I said I didn't even remember there were so many choices - plus we have that new Sentinel one as well.

I feel a little sad that I have no access to all my old toons and all my old 50's - but its also a good chance to try new stuff, as you say.

And Pratoria is all new to me as I never really played that part of it.