Author Topic: How to auto-fire multiple powers?  (Read 9244 times)

Meridian

• Underling
How to auto-fire multiple powers?
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:24:50 PM »
How do you set up multiple powers to auto-fire? (E.g., on my controller I'm looking to do Hasten plus Accelerate Metabolism)

If I make a macro button and concatenate those two powers, then CTRL click it, will it autofire both of them all the time? [I'm assuming you can autofire a macro button]
Or will it only autofire (both) when the first one (let's say Hasten) comes off refresh? I'm guessing there will be timing issues with this plan.

I'm working toward AM, I don't have it yet or I'd just try. I don't think I have any other toggles that would work to experiment with.

If that doesn't work there might be some way to do it using a bind that toggles through the powers and each time it does it resets the other power to be the auto-fire power. Maybe?
Ie, 1st toggle= Activate Hasten and set AM to autoattack...next toggle Activates AM and sets Hasten to autattack

I'm just not positive what to do and I guarantee someone has done this before (if it's doable).

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: How to auto-fire multiple powers?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:14:06 PM »
https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind

Should have enough to get you there with some trial and error. There used to be a long forum post that had more specific instructions along with ctrl-c/v-able inspiration combine macros, the teleport bind, and various other sorceries. Hope someone has it somewhere still and it turns up.

DoctorRoboto

• Underling
    • CoHTitan Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 05:24:02 PM »
Bumped!

I'm looking for the inspiration macros I had before.  So far it's been fruitless.  Hoping someone stumbles upon them soon!

Vee

• Elite Boss

Vee

• Elite Boss

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 12:11:24 AM »
The bind/macro system is designed not to autofire more than one power per command on purpose.  Just so you know, if this is aimed at a cheating discussion, we don't condone that in Titan Network regardless of what game it is or why.  Even if the COH servers at the moment that everyone is playing on happen to be less than legal themselves.

You'll have to find that discussion off of these boards.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 01:10:00 AM »
The bind/macro system is designed not to autofire more than one power per command on purpose.  Just so you know, if this is aimed at a cheating discussion, we don't condone that in Titan Network regardless of what game it is or why.  Even if the COH servers at the moment that everyone is playing on happen to be less than legal themselves.

You'll have to find that discussion off of these boards.

I think I remember this from years ago. As you say - they designed it so you couldn't do that to avoid people going afk and just firing off powers.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 02:38:36 AM »
Just so you know, if this is aimed at a cheating discussion, we don't condone that in Titan Network regardless of what game it is or why.
I don't think the op wants anything exploitative, the point wasn't firing off multiple powers but cycling the auto-power when you had stuff like shield or sr where you wanted to auto hasten and the mez shield in rotation. It was pretty common practice and widely discussed on the official forums (the links i gave were even collected in the player guides section). As far as exploiting for afk farming, that would be easy enough with one power given the amounts of recharge we had access to, and idk where it'd possibly be useful even if you went looking for a way to cheat.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 02:41:02 AM »
+1, I don't think I'd consider using binds to (sort of) fire off both AM and Hasten semi-automatically when you move or use other powers all that exploitative.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 06:22:12 PM »
Fair enough, that's why this isn't locked. :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Meridian

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 04:29:46 AM »
...; fire off both AM and Hasten semi-automatically when you move or use other powers...
OMG this is so obvious now that I've seen you say it.

And like you said, yeah these are literally toggle buffs that I want toggled on all the time, same as Def/Res powers or what have you.

Also it's really more for solo-ing, in groups I try to get as many teammates as possible with AM. I'm nice like that.

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 03:30:51 PM »
Mostly, I'd like a macro for my armored toons to turn on all the toggles at once.

Fiery Aura gets especially ridiculous if you need to add Tough, Weave and Acrobatics to the set.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 07:22:43 PM »
Mostly, I'd like a macro for my armored toons to turn on all the toggles at once.

Fiery Aura gets especially ridiculous if you need to add Tough, Weave and Acrobatics to the set.

Not nearly as bad now that toggles remain after mez and logging out. Just quit with the dying and you're all set :P

Meridian

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »

There is a keybind for that. You create one button that will cycle through all 4 of those toggle powers, you just have to hit the one button 4 times real fast :)

Or you can set it up to fire them all off at once (I think) since they aren't attacks

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind#Binding_Multiple_Commands_to_the_Same_Key
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:03:07 PM by Meridian »