Author Topic: Question about aggro #'s and old COH accounts  (Read 2050 times)

Ignitros

• Underling
Question about aggro #'s and old COH accounts
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:30:23 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if the aggro cap has been eliminated or if it is still like 12 or whatever it was? I have also been hearing that we may be able to get our old account info back at some point... like all our old heroes that we had in game back in the day. If this is possible who do we contact and what info do we need to verify to gain access to it?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
Re: Question about aggro #'s and old COH accounts
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:15:05 AM »
The aggro cap seems to still be in place.  Although I haven't fully tested it.  It doesn't sound like people will be getting their characters back on any of the public servers.  If you want to recreate your main character on a private server that you or a friend host it would be possible with Admin Powers.  In the sense that you could set the character to 50 and spawn all the enchantments.

Sovereign Rayne

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 10:27:09 PM »
how do we do our own sever that we host   

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 05:28:59 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if the aggro cap has been eliminated or if it is still like 12 or whatever it was? I have also been hearing that we may be able to get our old account info back at some point... like all our old heroes that we had in game back in the day. If this is possible who do we contact and what info do we need to verify to gain access to it?

I don't know how this slipped through the cracks, but I'll answer to the best of my ability.

1. We don't host any servers at all, so we can't tell what's going on with any aggro caps.  From what I hear the aggro cap mechanism isn't really in place because the intent to limit players, but rather so there's a predictable spawn rate of NPC/Enemies and the server doesn't crash as easily.  But this is just what I've heard from explanations from better qualified individuals on how the game engine works (mostly in the new Discord Servers that have sprung up over the last month or so.)

2. Concerning getting old account info back, none of the Rogue Servers have it.  Codewalker has released the Sentinel+ Import Tool on this thread for home servers to try to import Sentinel+ files to allow users to get their data loaded themselves on their own servers, but as far as I know none of the Rogue Servers have implemented this for imports yet.

The Sentinel+ link above has been the help thread for that tool.  Some of the Titan Network users have been able to get their toons back and have shared tips on getting it to work.  Concerning Homecoming, Rebirth, Pleiades, etc., you would get better info by visiting their sites concerning whether they allow imports or not.

Aggro cap, no idea.  That's outside of our ability to help.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »
Check OuroDev wiki and the COH Discord.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.