Author Topic: Movement Toggle when using mouse buttons  (Read 1520 times)

brescia3701

• Underling
Movement Toggle when using mouse buttons
« on: May 01, 2019, 02:43:54 AM »
I don't remember this being a thing with original COH because it's driving me nuts.  I am so hyped to be back in COH but I have to relearn commands I haven't used in some time.

When I use the mouse buttons to move forward, after 4 seconds of movement, I am now stuck moving forward.  So, now, if something gets in my way and I release the mouse buttons I CONTINUE CHARGING FORWARD INTO DANGER!! This doesn't happen when I use the "W" to move forward but if I use a mouse button it does.  It happens around the 4 second mark so it's not a big problem in combat unless you chase someone up a set of stairs and suddenly RUN RIGHT PAST THEM!  WHY DON'T I STOP MOVING!  Very distracting.

Why is it set like that?  Is it somehow an advantage to have that?  Is there a setting I can turn off?

Help me before I start not liking my very favorite-ist game.  :-(

Thanks

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Movement Toggle when using mouse buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:16:56 AM »
I have no idea if it'll work, but...

Normally, your two mouse buttons ("MouseChord") are bound to a movement command called "+forward_mouse".  In a bind file, it looks like this:

Code: [Select]
MouseChord "+forward_mouse"
Normal forward movement (which I usually bind to the up arrow on the cursor keys) is "+forward".  That looks like this:

UPARROW "+forward"
I think you should be able to get the behavior you want by modifying the MouseChord bind appropriately:

MouseChord "+forward"
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

brescia3701

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
You, sir, are a genius!  Works great.  Thanks

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 11:47:12 PM »
I don't remember this being a thing with original COH because it's driving me nuts.  I am so hyped to be back in COH but I have to relearn commands I haven't used in some time.

When I use the mouse buttons to move forward, after 4 seconds of movement, I am now stuck moving forward.  So, now, if something gets in my way and I release the mouse buttons I CONTINUE CHARGING FORWARD INTO DANGER!! This doesn't happen when I use the "W" to move forward but if I use a mouse button it does.  It happens around the 4 second mark so it's not a big problem in combat unless you chase someone up a set of stairs and suddenly RUN RIGHT PAST THEM!  WHY DON'T I STOP MOVING!  Very distracting.

Why is it set like that?  Is it somehow an advantage to have that?  Is there a setting I can turn off?

Help me before I start not liking my very favorite-ist game.  :-(

Thanks

I find I am very rusty as well.

Though I am getting my mouse / keyboard / power tray skills back. Re learning hoe to juggle three things at once.

I don't even remember there being so many powersets either. Probably just was playing my toons I already had back then instead of making alts.